XXIX

☠︎

☠︎

"Me?!"

"Of who you have the chance of becoming. In the positive light. . . and the more negative one."

"Zeus is fully aware of Thanatos' hatred towards him. He is also painfully aware of the relationship me and my brother still uphold with our mother. Your grandmother. Zeus has always feared Nyx. Your father a bit as well."

"And you, Morana Nyx Mavros, remind the Lord of The Sky of those two entities. Your attitude towards the Olympians, your determination. . ."

"Your anger."

Hypnos looked straight at Morana, watching the words reach her brain and make her form thoughts. 

"And if that was to be influenced by your father's hatred towards all Gods. . .", the God of Sleep trailed off, not wanting to finish his own words. 

"But", she started, brain working overtime. "I'm just a kid", her words seemed to try to choke her.

Hypnos' lips twitched downward a bit. "You're much more than that. You're a demigod. And demigods can do things Gods aren't able to do. Demigods are the most dangerous weapons if used against the Gods. . . Even if we don't want to admit that."

Morana's mouth felt dry. Her emotions seemed to betray her as anger clouded her vision. "I'm not a weapon! Neither are any of my friends!" She shot up from her chair.

Hypnos looked pained yet calm, his eyes following the girl's sharp act, calculating her every move. 

"I'm fourteen! I'm a child! And my father shouldn't be taken from me just because a man is threatened by 'what a child could be'!" Morana seethed, eyes flaming golden, a sharp contrast to the cold silver eyes of her uncle. 

"It isn't fair!" Morana yelled and the pans on all the walls rattled in warning. 

"I never said it was", Hypnos said slowly and carefully. 

"I mean-", Morana takes a breath, trying to calm herself. "Just because his daughter is a tree, doesn't mean he has to punish other children!"

"Morana", Hypnos warned as thunder boomed outside. If it wasn't for the protective name of Nyx hanging above them in the family tree of Gods and Demigods, they'd probably be toast.

"Medusa was right! The Gods are always looking out to blame others for their own mishaps!"

"That's a dangerous path to go down Morana", Hypnos' voice overpowered the girl's, making her stop in her tracks.