𝟎𝟖 - 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝

┏ •◦இ•◦ ┓

CHAPTER EIGHT: BOND

┗ •◦இ•◦ ┛

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄,"

★・・・・・・★

Rui's eyes were wide as he stared at [Name], who was looking at him with determination and sadness in her (e/c) hues. Why was she looking at him like that? Like she pitied him. He was NOT to be pitied. He had his family with him, he wasn't alone.

The thought of being pitied agitated Rui. He ground his teeth, "You...you two..."

"Hey, would you look at that?"

[Name] turned to the source of the voice to reveal a man. He looked smug as he stepped towards them, his short black hair shuffling in the gentle breeze. He was kinda hot, [Name] had to admit, and she smoothed out her hair. However, this was the man who got bodied by Rui as a result of his carelessness and egotistical nature. "A demon that's just the right size. I can take down a kid like this one." He raised his sword.

"Wait!" Tanjiro called.

"You shut up!" The man responded, glaring at Tanjiro like he was dirt underneath his shoe, "I want to take the safe route up the ladder; once you move up, you get more money. My unit's been wiped out, but I'll slay myself a demon and descend the mountain. Take this!" He winked at [Name], charged towards the demon boy with his sword ready, smiling as he imagined the demon's head falling to the ground.

"Stop!" [Name] screamed, but it was too late. The man was chopped to pieces in seconds by Rui's threads, his bloody, mangled body parts falling to the ground. The sight made [Name] kneel over and vomit.

"You...what was it that you just said? You, girl, you." Rui said quietly, disregarding the fact that he just made human sushi. [Name] coughed and looked up and her blood ran cold. The aura that the demon was emitting was insane.

Terrifying.

Despite this, [Name] stood up and stared right into Rui's sky blue irises. She couldn't give up. "I said... that your bond is fabricated. You say she's your sister, but you don't treat her like one."

"That is none of your concern," Rui growled, his hands itching to kill this woman in front of him who questioned his actions, "What I do with my family is none of your business. Stay out of it or I'll slice off that head of yours."

Tanjiro, in response, stepped in front of [Name] with his sword drawn, pointed at Rui. "Don't ever speak to her like that again," he said, voice low, "I'll kill you."

Rui almost smiled, readying his strings, "I can speak to her any way I want. She insulted my family. Our bond."

"It's fake! It's all fake! It doesn't matter what fucking 'bond' you have, it's fake! If you truly love your family, you wouldn't do shit like that!" [Name] pointed to the sister spider demon, whose cuts were slowly stitching closed.

Tanjiro turned to [Name], pleading with his eyes for her to stop talking before she got killed. He knew she was correct, but he was worried about the way she was addressing it. But she didn't look at him, she kept her unrelenting eyes fixed on Rui. Without warning, the demon boy attacked, jolting his hands up, releasing the sharp threads.