𝟎𝟏𝟖 - 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐜 {𝟔}, 𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐦-𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐯. 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢

┍━━━━━♥♠♣♦━━━━━┑

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: TRAINING ARC PT. 6, SCUM-GLASSES V. SANEMI

┕━━━━━♥♠♣♦━━━━━┙

"𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐈𝐒,"

▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰

THE NEXT EVENING

"Alright, open wide," Shinobu instructed Tanjiro to do, and she examined his jaw carefully when he did so.

"Okay, looks like your jaw is as good as new. You can close your mouth now." Shinobu leaned back and sat down on her stool and smiled at Tanjiro and [Name], who gave each other a hug in celebration.

"That concludes this exam. Since you're physically better now, you can accurately take on your missions. You as well, [Name]." Shinobu explained, and [Name] nodded.

"Thank you, Shinobu," she gratefully said, "I'm excited to go on some missions and slay some demons." She wriggled her eyebrows, something that the other two didn't understand but they smiled at it nonetheless.

"So, we're finished with our training?" Tanjiro inquired.

"Yes. All that's left for you two now is physical combat." Shinobu answered.

Tanjiro nodded in affirmation, then straightened, "Oh, Kocho-san, before I forget... I wanted to ask you something."

[Name] tilted her head, something that the other two found cute.

"What would that be?" The Hashira asked, looking back at Tanjiro.

"Have you ever heard of the Hinokami Kagura Dance?" Tanjiro asked confidently.

Shinobu waved her hand dismissively, a smile on her face, "I have not."

"O-Oh..." Tanjiro hesitated, "T-Then... how about Fire Breathing?"

"Never heard of it."

Tanjiro sighed, showing his disappointment. He then began to explain to Shinobu the dance that his father used to do out in the snow every year. He explained it in vivid detail, hoping that she would understand and at least know something about it.

"Hm... I see. For some reason, Tanjiro, your father used Fire Breathing," Shinobu placed her hand to her chin in thought, mentally going over what Tanjiro told her, "All I can tell you is that... while Flame Breathing does exist, it's not Fire Breathing."

"They're not the same thing?" Tanjiro tilted his head in surprise.

"I don't know the exact details," Shinobu said, placing a hand to her chest, "Please forgive me. But I do know that they're very strict about the exact phrasing. Flame Breathing must never be referred to as Fire Breathing.

The Flame Hashira might know something about this. He was out on a mission last I checked, unfortunately." She smiled apologetically, and Tanjiro and [Name] stood up and bowed.

"Thank you for everything you've taught us," Tanjiro said.

"You're amazing, Shino." [Name] winked, then realized that she called Shinobu by a nickname. She quickly apologized, thinking that she was rude or offensive, but Shinobu shook her head with a faint blush.