Chapter 22

Xiao Yi didn't tell anyone about his decision nor the plane ticket prepared by V. Instead, he booked a hotel room in case things went down with V's in-law family. It's not that he didn't trust V or his wife, but judging from the stories told the last time V visited it was a good idea to have a safe place to run away to.

He avoided drama like the plague if it involved himself. Otherwise, he didn't mind watching it unfold before his eyes while eating melon seeds.

The rest of the day was just like any other, aside from the fact that he had four extra spectators in the real world to witness his twelve-hour sleep on Xiao Qiu's shoulder.

One brother knew that this would be his last time taking advantage of his sibling's shoulder, whilst the other had no idea that this would be the last time he'd be used as a pillow.

Did Xiao Yi feel a little guilty by not telling Xiao Qiu anything? Yes.

Did he know it was a necessary step? The answer was also yes.

He planned to let Xiao Qiu know about the investor's meeting, flee from the nest, and then broach the topic of wanting to find an apartment elsewhere. Slowly and surely ease him into being okay with him being independent.

Besides, he knew full well that if his old teammates found his brother's stream they would bother his brother's team until they found out where he was. He didn't want to cause unnecessary work for Lee, though he had an inkling that the elder would jump at the chance to let Xiao Yi be a bother for him.

Lee's bright eyes when he stared at him, as if he were looking at a piece of gold made it seem like he was probably a huge fan of 'Frost'. Alas, Xiao Yi couldn't hold that mantle.

By the time Xiao Yi woke up, Xiao Qiu and the others were completely exhausted both mentally and physically and decided to pass out, leaving only him in the training room with free reign.

He went to grab a can of soda from the kitchen, sat at Xiao Qiu's computer and his fingers danced over the keys as he logged out of Xiao Qiu's Valley of Light account and into his own.

Two Chinese dragons made of particles followed each other in a circle as it loaded and Xiao Yi held the can off to the side and opened it as he waited.

It automatically loaded into his Frost account, but thankfully he logged off in his house so he spawned out of the public eye. He immediately threw on a disguise potion which did nothing but change his shown name, it would look different in each person's eyes.

He had a few houses, but this one was his favorite. It was in the last capital city which was the least traveled, and he rarely left the last continent to do anything. Everything he needed to do was on the continent. He could gather everything he needed to craft on the continent, grow in his garden, or buy at the market.

He did two things when he played the game on his own. Either he worked in his professions which were cooking, gathering/farming, mining, alchemy, and blacksmithing or he killed people. This was because his class was an assassin class.

He made a good amount of gold, but he wanted to have everything leveled to the max and it kept him from being bored while helping the game economy so he lost as much gold as he made.

He put everything that had been on Frost into his house storage. He invited his alt character, Sleepy so that he would have access to his house and storage, as well as the garden. Then he exited the door and headed to the account warehouse.

There were only a few characters who weren't AFK or operating stalls in the streets who glanced at him as he passed by.

He was one of the few full-level characters that had a constant black nametag and was well-known by players for being ruthless, cold, and silent. He only had 5 friends on his character - Flame, Moon, Neptune, Venus, and V. If any of them bothered to ever get on their old accounts, they would have found him.

He hardly ever replied to messages sent to him, even if they were from popular or pro players.

He never joined a guild.

He was a solo player in a multiplayer game and the only person who'd ever been seen on a team with him was V.

A few players tried to wave at him and he passed by with a slight nod. He added his alt character to be able to access his warehouse and logged off.