Loss

(A/N: This chapter is dedicated to the late great Carl Weathers, best known as Apollo Creed in the Rocky films, who passed away not too long ago.)

~Keiji POV~

When it was morning, Takeshi, Yu, P, and myself made the call to find Smoky, but Lala made us take her with us.

I tried telling her no, but she was obstinate and got on the jeep anyway.

Luckily, everyone from Hoodlum Squad, including Sarah, made it to the hideout as I was given my motorcycle back and I rode with everyone to find Smoky.

It was just a couple minutes before Lala screamed this to me...

Lala: He better be alive, Keiji! This is on you if he isn't!

Takeshi: Lala, don't. I was there too. Trust me.

Keiji: We'll find him, but I can't guarantee that he's gonna be alive!

After a few more minutes, we finally got there as we decided to split up and find Smoky.

I went by myself to find him, but Lala got onto the bike and rode with me, so we could look for him together.

We kept it going for a few minutes until we saw something in the distance.

When we got closer, I realized it was Smoky, because of the hoodie he had on before he lured those Doubt and Kuryu assholes away from us.

Lala: SMOKY!!!

We both got off the bike and ran over to his body.

I was the first one to get close to him and check his pulse on his neck, but I felt no heartbeat.

When I didn't feel anything on him, I looked at Lala, she looked at me, and I shook my head as I had a tear coming down my face.

When she realized that Smoky's gone, Lala threw herself onto his leg and just bawled as I patted her back while I was trying to stay at peace, knowing that he would want me to be strong.

I saw that everyone of Rude Boys finally arrived, but when I looked at them and shook my head, they came running to see that Smoky had not moved and he really was dead.

Yu was losing his mind, Takeshi was at peace, and P was just trying to hold it together, and he was, but the Amamiya brothers, Kohaku, and Tsukumo made it with Cobra who was beat up and whatnot.

Cobra: Where's Smoky?

He then saw me and knew what happened right there and then.

I shook my head at him as we had to come up with a way to bury Smoky, but Lala was inconsolable. She just cried as loud as she could and just couldn't be calmed down. Even if I hug her in my arms, she still wouldn't.

I couldn't blame her because she loved him like a brother and I really hated seeing her like this.

After a good long while, we had to go to the place where we were gonna bury him, but I made Lala stay at the hideout. I didn't want her to be more sad than she is right now as I was going to bury him on her behalf.

We found an abandoned warehouse that had dirt and everything as the floor. We buried Smoky there as we paid tribute to him by putting a cross made of metal and nuts.

I didn't want to do this next part, but to show how much of a brother he was to me, I took off my vest, and put it on the cross, to show my respect.

Keiji: That's for you, brother. I'm gonna miss you.

Takeshi and the others, feeling touched by what I just did, had to group hug me. I didn't mind that, but I'm not an official member of Rude Boys.

Takeshi: You didn't have to do that, Keiji.