s i x

TW: Blood! 

TW: Blood! 

Gypsy

"Can someone tell me why its fifty fucking degrees?" I groaned. I was done with winter. I was blessed to have never truly experienced a bad winter but the lack of sun killed me. 

"Global warming perhaps." Hazel chimed. 

I shot her a glare as I grabbed a bagel. "It was a rhetorical question. It just sucks." 

She sighed and nodded. "Yep. I feel like when we write songs in the winter they're all so depressing. I don't wanna make depressing music, I want them to be songs people can dance to." 

"Mhm. I like when songs have sad lyrics but happy music. Kinda like Lorde's new album." I smirked at the last part. Melodrama seriously changed the course of my life. 

Hazel laughed. "You really love that album don't you?" 

I nodded and took a drink of my smoothie. "We should probably head to the studio." 

"Guys! C'mon, we're leaving!" 

***

"I have something but it's not very good." I nervously voiced. No matter how well I was friends with these people, presenting a song idea was always scary. 

"Go ahead." Silas nodded towards the guitar. 

I sat down on the piano bench and picked up the guitar, strumming a few cords. "The skyline falls as I try to make sense of it all. I thought I'd uncovered your secrets, but turns out there's more. You adored me before. Oh, my good looking boy." I softly sang. 

"Oh, my good looking boy, play casino holes of my eyeballs, roll the dice on my thighs. You stop for breath and I sped up, just to impress you." The chords I played were sloppy and didn't sound very good because I hadn't really thought much of the song. "The skyline falls as I try to make sense of it all. I thought I'd uncovered your secrets, but turns out there's more. You adored me before. Oh, my good looking boy." Hanging out with Harry definitely helped me write this song. He was a good muse. Not to mention my terrible dating history. 

Chris smiled and clapped once I sat the guitar back down. "It's not much but I was playing around the other night and thought that was a decent start."

"It's great. What do you guys think?" Elias asked.

Amelia, Hazel, and Grace all nodded. "I like it. I think we could do something good with it." 

"Thank you guys." I smiled. Getting praised for stuff was always an amazing feeling. My therapist said living for praise wasn't healthy but it's all I've ever known. "I have some more lyrics I played with if you want." I told Silas. 

"I can take a look at them, see what we could do with them." He said. I nodded and grabbed my journal, ripping out the page and handing it to him. "These are good." 

"Thanks." 

***

The rest of the day was boring. We didn't really get any further except adding a few more touches to the song I wrote. 

"Hey Gypsy, can I talk to you for a minute?" Julia asked. This was a terrible way to start a conversation.

"Uhm..yeah." I skeptically replied. I hated when people asked me that. Nothing good ever followed. She led me into the hallway, away from the rest of the band. 

"So...I was thinking." She paused. A pit formed in my stomach and I suddenly felt like throwing up. "It would be a good idea for you to maybe have a PR relationship. It would cause more suspense for the album, especially if you guys drop a single soon." 

Fuck. "With who?" That was all I could manage to get out. 

"Well...I've been talking with some other managers and I found this one guy. His name is Dylan Minnette. He was in 13 Reasons Why and he's in a band called Wallows." I've heard of him and he was pretty cute.

"Do I have to?" I didn't really want to get into a public relationship, even if it was fake. 

"You don't have to, but it would be good if you did. It would benefit the band." 

I went over all of the possibilities in my head but like I said, I'm a people pleaser. "Sure." As soon as I agreed she happily smiled and walked away. I felt a nose bleed coming on so I took off towards the bathroom and unfortunately ran into the man I wasn't exactly eager to see. 

He followed me into the bathroom without us saying anything. I leaned over the sink and tried to let the blood run out. Harry handed me a damp paper towel and I held it up to my nose. "How was it?" He finally asked. 

"It was alright. But uhm...Julia wants me to have a PR relationship." 

I could tell by the way his shoulders tensed he wasn't happy with this news. I'm sure he's had plenty of runs with PR relationships so he was more experienced with the stress. "With who?" 

"Dylan Minnette. He was in 13 Reasons Why and he's also in a band called Wallows." Everything I said was muffled due to the paper towel so I tried to be louder than usual. My hands were covered in blood so I couldn't touch anything. Harry realized this and quickly went to go grab soap and a paper towel. 

"Here." He said, telling me to hold my hands out. I kept one hand on the paper towel while he wiped down one. I switched hands and admired him as he wiped down the other. He was beautiful doing everything. 

"Thanks Harry." I smiled. I removed the paper towel from my nose carefully and threw it away. "Finally." I sighed and wiped off my face. 

"You're welcome. Your outfit is very cute by the way." He looked me up and down, sending a chill down my spine. 

"Thanks. Same to you." He was wearing simple sweatpants and a band t-shirt but he looked insanely good. 

He shot me a smirk before holding the door open for me. "Try not to write too many songs about me. I know I'm a good muse." He said with the cheesiest grin on his face.

"I don't think about you that much. I've got better muses." I retorted, smiling equally as big.