Cracks In The World

(Keira's POV)

Ashelin and Tess wanted me to work on this thing for so long now and when I got in trouble, I went back to the basics of all technology. It has to have a power source and that power has to be somewhere. If this is a controller then there has to be a way to trace the power. First I need to measure how strong this thing is... I hooked it up to a battery from a Zoomer and the battery blew up. I checked the controller to see if it was ok and it still functions and the power was responsive from what my equipment could find. Just then Jak and Daxter came in and I was given a worried look from Jak.

 Just then Jak and Daxter came in and I was given a worried look from Jak

Jak-Hey... Have you been getting sleep?

Keira-Have you been getting any useful intel on how this ****ing thing works?

Daxter-Well, that answers your question, Jak.

Jak-Maybe you could get help from someone else?... Or take a few hours to sleep.

Keira-Jak! A child was taken and this thing is our clue on what happened or where he is! If I don't tell you how to shoot a gun don't tell me how to run my shop!

I took another sip of coffee while he held his hands up while I got back to work. Daxter hopped onto my work desk and looked at this piece of junk that I was stumped on.

 Daxter hopped onto my work desk and looked at this piece of junk that I was stumped on

Daxter-Analog light is on... Have you tried pressing the start button?

Keira-... Oh. My. God. You're a genius Daxter! I pressed every other button, but not the 'start' button! Should I make sure the controller is on too?!

Daxter-No need for the sarcasm, lady.

Keira-Then don't ask 'stupid' questions AND GET OFF MY DESK!!!

He ran back over to Jak and if I hear one more annoying thing, I just do not know what I am going to do. They didn't say anything before slowly backing out of my shop.

(Jak's POV)

Keira was being eaten alive by this job. She looked like she was ready to beat us over the head with a wrench or something. Still, nothing tied to this controller thing we had, so I went to Ashelin, but when we got to the capital the throne room was empty. We checked her room next and it was untouched too. Finally, we checked the training area here... It was full of destroyed punching bags, and dummies with bullet holes in them, we saw Ashelin walking in with another punching bag.