Why

Why am I like this towards you?

You and I have known each other for ages.

But I don't know what to say.

Today have proved that.

You thanked me and all I could to was nod.

I don't know how to talk to you. I don't know how to ask about your day. I don't know how badly you love the things you love.

My mother says you're going to think I hate you because I do not know and ask you these things.

Is she right?

Do you think I hate you?

Please don't think that.

I hope you don't think that.

I don't hate you.

I swear I don't.

I'm scared you won't like the person I really am.

The person I hide when I am with friends.

The person I protect when I'm at school.

The person I am when I'm in my room alone. The person I let others see when I trust them enough.

Will you like that person?

The person who gots weird looks when she actually tries in gym class; who got snide comments when she got an award in math; who has two people she really talks to in classes.

The person who dreams to have a future with you. The person you dreams of having an epic love story with a happy ever after.

When I am around you my thoughts turn blank. I ramble random things and later cringe about what I've said.

I don't know how to tell you about my day.

Or how to tell you what I love.

I don't hate you.

I really hope you don't think I do.

Maybe I don't know what love feels like.

But I feel a lot for you.