One Month Later

-On TV-

"What about Lakers strugless?" Earnie Johnson asked to the crew.

"No three point shooting and injuries. This team was need to change last summer but they stuck with the problems." Kenny Smith answered the Ernie's question.

Charles Barkley chimed in, "Yeah, and don't get me started on their defense. They're letting opponents score way too easily, especially in the paint. It's like there's no communication or effort on that end of the court."

Shaq, leaning back in his chair, added, "And let's not forget about the turnovers. You can't win games if you keep giving the ball away like it's a charity event. Lakers need to tighten up, Ernie."

Ernie Johnson nodded in agreement, "Certainly, the Lakers are facing some serious challenges this season. Do you think they can turn things around before the playoffs?"

Kenny Smith shrugged, "It's going to be tough. They've dug themselves into a hole, and the Western Conference is highly competitive. They need a major shake-up to salvage the season."

As the TV discussion continued, fans around the country shared similar concerns about the struggling Lakers. The team's performance had become a hot topic, sparking debates and discussions among basketball enthusiasts everywhere.

Y/n, on the other hand, who was in Korea watching the show, was on a rampage despite the minutes restriction the Lakers had put him on while he played for the Seoul Knights under his overseas contract. Last season, he averaged 20 points with a 45% field goal percentage, 38% on three-pointers, and a 92% free throw percentage. Now, with his 20-minute restriction, he was shooting at 42%, 56%, and 82% respectively on his shooting attempts, and while he was scoring 18 points, he was playing ten minutes less than last year.

Despite the impressive numbers, Y/n couldn't shake the feeling of frustration that gnawed at him as he watched the Lakers struggle on the court. He longed to be out there with his teammates, making an impact and helping the team turn their season around.

As he watched the game unfold on the screen before him, Y/n couldn't help but feel a sense of longing for the thrill of competition, the rush of adrenaline that came with each shot made, each defensive stop. It was a feeling he missed dearly, one that fueled his determination to make a triumphant return to the court once he was fully recovered from his injury.

With each passing minute, Y/n's resolve only grew stronger. He knew that when the time came, he would be ready to step up and make a difference for his team, both in Korea and in the NBA. Until then, he would continue to support his teammates from afar, cheering them on and eagerly awaiting the day when he could join them on the court

But now he needed to concentrate on his upcoming game against the LG Sakers because the Knights were not doing well despite their 3-1 record in the season.

As Y/n prepared mentally for the game ahead, he couldn't shake the weight of responsibility that rested on his shoulders. The Knights were counting on him to lead them to victory, to be the driving force that propelled them to success on the court.

He was ready to leave his house but he got a call. He quickly get it and to his surprise it was someone he doesn't think he'll hear this early in the season.

"Hello?" Y/n answered with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Hey there! How's everything going?" Rob Pelinka, the GM of the Lakers, greeted him warmly.

Y/n's surprise only grew as he processed the unexpected call from the Lakers' general manager. "Uh, everything's good," he replied, trying to mask his astonishment. "What can I do for you, Mr. Pelinka?"