FIVE

'Turns out the reason why our couple split up is what we all thought: Theo cheated! But we can't blame him, can we? Cassie was just the wrong slipper for our pretty boy. Right now, the heat is on fire with our new pair : Theo Hydes and Claire Evans! Now this is the perfect couple we've all been waiting to see. '

My hands were shaking while reading the papers. I'm problaby gonna faint. This is getting worse. Just when i thought i could do better, life crashed at me. I need to hide. I don't feel like talking to anybody now.. I just want to go back home. On my bed.
My bed, the safest place on earth..
I need to be there...
"CASS! "
That's my name. The voice is familiar.. I turned to see who was calling, but it was all blury. The silhouette is coming, it's getting closer.. My head is spinning and i feel tired..
"CASS! Don't you fucking ignore me.. I'm talking to you-"
Theo... It's Theo's voice.
I feel so tired..
"Cass? Cassie? "
Lots of other voices
Leave me alone.. Please
'Cassie? What-"
My bed..
And suddenly, everything was pitch black.

                  *                   *                  *

Quinn Redd:

My eyelids felt heavy

My eyelids felt heavy. I tried to open my eyes, but it was difficult. I tried again, slowly, but there was a light, a strong one.
There was this strange feeling of dizziness and my mind started thinking. Thinking about hundreds of things per second, i didn't even understand what i was thinking about.
I tried to lift my eyelids again. Argh, the light..
"Take your time" An unknown voice said. Its footsteps were coming closer..
I finally opened a little bit of my eyes, with difficulty. "You fainted.. In case you're wondering what happened. You're in the nurse's office. I'm the school's nurse"
I turned my face left to see her.
A shadow. I couldn't see clearly. A big shadow.
I tried to get up. My body was heavy..
"No need to rush. You need more rest. I'm going to take my break now. If you need anything, i'll be around."
The shadow, or may i say, the woman, was getting far now. "Oh and don't forget to drink water! "
She left.
I sighed and closed my eyes.
For a moment, i forgot everything. I forgot what happened and forgot why i was here. But it crashed into my mind all at once. My head was about to explode.
Wh-what happened? Was it.. Was Theo the one calling me before i.. Fainted? Why did i faint? I remember feeling anxious, afraid, desperate.. 'The Newssica'! Fuck. Now i remember. Oh god, i made a huge mistake. People will see Theo as a cheater.. And they'll see me as a piece of trash!
I was invisible before meeting Theo, and when we started dating, i became popular. I'm still popular, but in a negative way. That means i'll get these nasty looks from everyone when i walk out of here. I need to escape, to hide.. But where? I have no where to go.. Except home, of course.
"Life's shitty, huh?"
Another unknown voice. A male's one.
I turned my head slowly to the right. The light was strong. The shadow of the voice was in front of the window.
"Oh, yeah, sorry" he said.
I opened my eyes again. The light was gone. He drawed the curtains.
My eyes got quickly used to the darkness. However it took me some time to analyse the owner of the voice.
A tall thin guy, with long black hair, dressed like one of those rock'n'roll dudes. Black jeans, black shirt and a caro red flannel jacket tied around his waist. Actually, he looked fine with his sharp jawline and his perfect nose. I guess if he kept some of his hair away from his eyes, the girls will go head over heels for him.
I never saw him before. Well, i don't see anybody. I always mind my own business after classes, even during classes. Believe me, it is the best thing to do at high school.
"You're Cassie, right? Cassie Kennedy?"
I nodded slowly
"I guess drama is spreading so fast"
"What drama? " he asked so innocently.
I couldn't understand if he was joking or not.
He kept looking, waiting for an answer.
"Didn't you hear about.. I mean did you see or read the 'Newssica'?"
He kept looking as if i was an alien.
"The school's newspaper? Jessica, the gossip girl?.. "
He looked away, thinking.
"Oh! Yeah, yeah.. That News paper.. I honestly don't give a shit about school's drama. "
I was shocked. I mean, i don't give a shit too but somehow i hear about all the drama. Where did this guy come from?
"By the way, I'm Quinn. " he smiled and offered his hand for a handshake. I lifted my back. It was so much easier to move now. I shook his hand with a unsure smile. "I'm Cassie-.. Well you know me. But, may i ask how? "
Right at that moment, Selma entered the nurse's office with a worried look on her face. "CASSIE! Good, you're alright!" She ran towards me like a little kid and hugged me tightly. "When i heard about what happened i-i.. Well, Cass, i'm sorry i wasn't around when that happened! But, here, take these.." She pulled a chocolate bar out her pocket, dark chocolate with almonds, mmm my favorite, and a little bottle of juice from the other pocket.
God, this girl is the kindest person i know. She will be a very good mother in the future. If she ever gets married..
She, then, examined the office with wide eyes, until she saw Quinn. She looked at him with disgust.
Okey, let me explain. Selma is a wonderful girl and a perfect friend.. Only, she hates boys. Yup, she hates them. She doesn't even like pronouncing the world "man" or "boy". She refers to them as "creatures with balls".
Since we were kids, whenever I tell her about a new crush, she sighs and rolls her eyes in disgust.
When i was dating Theo, she told me that relationships inspire her, to stay single.
Last summer, we went for a walk, and a man came asking, politely, for an adress. Girl just kept walking as if she didn't see him.
She never got herself into a relationship or a friend zone or whatever, but somehow, she hates them. Oh and she hates it when people tell her " you're a feminist " because of her misandrism. She is a feminist, but she hates it when you say that as an insult.
Quinn smiled a bit, however that made her more disgusted. He apparently understood, because he muttered "later" under his breath and left the room.
"Who was that? "
"Quinn."
"You know him? "
"I just did"
She didn't answer.
I got up and opened the window slowly, then ate what Selma bought me.
I had no energy to spend on studying, especially on people, so i just went back home.