𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 {𝔇-𝔇𝔞𝔶 1}

{D-Day 1}

· · ─────── ·𖤓· ─────── · ·

"Greetings~!" The woman greeted, a camcorder in her hand.

"Reporting live from the Auction Site is me: Aurora Amaranth! You won't guess what just happened..."

She flipped over her camcorder to reveal an empty safe.

"This place was supposed to store the goods for the Underground Auction. But now, it is empty. Completely blan- Hey!"

Aurora paused her recording and glared at the bulky man that had grabbed her arm.

"How rude. Can't you see that I am recording?" she said with a little huff.

"Get lost! We have enough to do already!!" The man in a suit yelled at her. Aurora was then flung out of the vault room.

She didn't need to be told twice and left.

"Whatever! If you don't want to know where the merchandise is, just stay stupid then!" She huffed and dashed out of the Auction Building. The whole area was in a state of chaos and mild panic.

By now, the news that the goods had disappeared, spread around like wildfire, and yet worst: The hall that housed all the guests was completely empty. Not a single person or body was to be found. Goods and people alike, everything disappeared into thin air with a poof!

'It's like magic.' Aurora thought.

She was no stranger to the concept of Nen, but it never ceased to amaze her with all that it could do when mastered.

Aurora looked towards the sky with a soft sigh. A familiar melody started to play and she checked her phone.

"Yes, it's me," she greeted when she saw the familiar caller ID.

"... I'm right at the hot spot. Again," she said as she absentmindedly scribbled something down onto her notebook, "I assume you called because of something important, right?"

Her voice carried a sense of urgency. She really didn't want to miss out on the action because of some prolonged call.

Her eyes widened briefly when she heard the news over the phone. And then, Aurora suddenly smiled.

"I see, I see~" Aurora mumbled as she shifted the shoulder that held her phone, "Thank you."

The news had perked her up, and she hummed to herself happily once again. Her eyes went straight ahead, towards the direction in which she felt a stark bloodthirst coming from.

"That way... at this rate...", Aurora said, "To the Gordeau-Desert, it is!"

Cars and people passed by and no one paid attention to her. Everyone was caught in their own business: stopping the Thieves came first.

Aurora didn't mind. Indeed, this situation made it easier for her to work in. The less attention there was on her, the easier she could sneak around.

However, Aurora couldn't afford to miss this chance to witness the Phantom Troupe in action, and so, she stopped the next person that left the building.

"Hey," she said, "you're joining the chase, right? Take me with you."

The person Aurora stopped happened to be a pale looking boy with blond hair and earrings. He seemed young and yet strangely tense. Was the stress getting to him?

The boy looked at her. He opened his mouth about to say something, when suddenly, someone from a car window, called for him.

The boy whipped around. Not wanting to waste this opportunity, Aurora quickly used his brief moment of distraction.