𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 {𝔈𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔭𝔢}

{Escape}

· · ─────── ·𖤓· ─────── · · 

Aurora watched with amusement as she saw the Phantom Troupe change their clothes into suits. Some even went as far, as to mask their faces with beards and new hairstyles.

"You are used to this," she said with a laugh and twirled the pen in her hand. She sat on the staircase inside of a fine clothing establishment. Her head lay supported by the palms of her hands. She resembled a flower in a flower vase while doing so. Her notebook lay open on her thighs.

Shizuku, Machi, Shalnark, Nobunaga and Phinks were currently preparing for the rescue of Uvogin. Franklin had left for their hideout, taking Owl with him. As for Aurora, as much as she wanted to follow the giant, she was forced to stay with the rest of the Troupe. She was their leverage, as well as too much of a "suspicious individual" to be taken to base.

No one said this, but it was clear that they kept her at arm's length.

There was a little change, however.

'I don't think they accuse me as much anymore.'

Albeit slightly, the Troupe's suspicion towards her seems to have eased. Just an hour ago, the sight of her moving her hands freely was impossible. After she shared her share of information, the Troupe members lowered their guard around her... just a little.

This little bit, was of great luck to Aurora. Just as she indulged in her joy, a voice cut her off.

"Oi- ", A man in blond suddenly said.

Right, there was a member that joined them in place of Franklin.

He looked towards his Troupe members and then pointed at her. "What's up with that?"

Aurora chuckled and tilted her head. Her eyes narrowed slightly.

"I'm not a thing ♪", she had finally won over a bit of trust and was in a good mood. She didn't need anyone to ruin that now.

"..." 

Her response left him blinking. He turned back towards his team once more and repeated his gesture.

"Seriously," he said, "WHAT'S up with THAT?"

His trusted team mates greeted him with a shrug or other lackluster responses. Their blatant disinterest was baffling him. In what world did a hostage run around freely, like that?

It wasn't that the Troupe wasn't taking their job seriously, Aurora was just too much of a white sheet for them to bother. Heck, they were pretty sure that she enjoyed being around them. For her, this was nothing more than a little trip with classmates.

And so, they decided to let her be.

Unaware of that, Aurora sighed.

"I'm Aurora," she introduced herself, "...I just somehow got involved in all of this..."

She tilted her head and her red hair swayed along.

"Aa, sou...," Phinks said.

He had heard about the presence of a third party from Chrollo. And naturally, he was prepared for such a situation.

But when he arrived, the situation was completely different from what he had expected.

He expected for some force and violence, even Feitan torturing the heck out of them.

But the woman in front of him, was nothing like what he expected. She was cordial and even went-along with them. She was at ease around them, and even threw in some comments, remarks, or questions at them.