𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 {ℜ𝔢𝔲𝔫𝔦𝔬𝔫}

{Reunion}

· · ─────── ·𖤓· ─────── · ·

And so they met again. Whether this was an encounter by choice or fate, Aurora greeted the Leader of the Spider's, once she entered the hall.

Debris and dust flew everywhere. The back of the building had been completely crushed from the destructive force of the fight. Chrollo lay on the floor with his face towards the ceiling.

"It was but a short goodbye~", Aurora approached with a smile.

"... It's you," Chrollo said as he sat up. He crossed his legs with an arm bend over his knee. His eyes focused on the woman with red. "You troubled my team quite a bit."

"Hahaha...," she chuckled shortly, "Sorry, I needed a guarantee. In order to live."

"I'm back now, though," she said. 'And I won't be leaving soon, too.'

"We can't have you running off whenvever you want to. It's troublesome." He said with a light, exasperated sigh. A tiny smile appeared, but his eyes remained cold.

"Why? Were you provoked by it?" She retorted slyly and elegantly brushed aside a strand of her hair. A hint of apology and shrewdness showed in her eyes.

'Interesting,' Chrollo thought.

Her confidence seeped into his bones, making him wonder about the depths of her knowledge and skills.

"You aren't surprised to see me," he said, "which means, you already know who I am. Should I congratulate you?"

She smiled a little when she heard his question. There was a hint of sarcasm and malice hiding behind his polite interior. He was dangerous, like a poisonous viper hiding behind the sweet fruit of an apple tree.

"No. Forget it, " she said.

"You're scared," he countered.

Aurora bit down her inner-check.

"That's ridiculous. I am not! Afraid." She took a step forward with a little huff of her chest, as if to cement herself and her opinion onto the ground.

"If this truly was our first meeting, I wouldn't say this. But it's not! I don't need your charity."

'No...' There she goes again.

That stubborness and refusal that she'd shown him from their first meeting on.

Just like the fierceness of fire, to him, she resembled a blaze. Passionate, fierce, uncontrollable... and yet so devastingly stunning and beautiful. She was out of control. Out of his hands...

Had he ever met such a person before? Certainly. And he had yet to fail taming even one of them.

What was it that made her different from everyone else he had met?

He didn't know. And it fascinated him. Just a little.

'No, is it?' Chrollo thought.

He smiled, a soft chuckle that came from the depth of his throat. He watched the way her eyes narrow slightly in surprise, "You're misunderstanding something, Aurora-san. It wasn't me you met before."

"...What do you mean?" she asked with narrowed eyes, "You're making things confusing."

'Unneccessary so,' she whispered to herself. How bad for him (or for her) that she was the curious type.