superhero

"What the hell happened here Lana?" Rafe screamed, jogging over to the pool of blood where Alana was kneeling. "B! Talk to me, what the hell did you do?" He screamed, grabbing her by the shoulders and shaking her body.

"I- I didn't.. he tried to.." Lana sobbed, her heavy breathing breaking her voice. "Alana!" Rafe shouted, firmly planting her down by the shoulders. "What the fuck did you do?" He repeated, looking her dead in the eye, trying to shield himself of the nightmare that lay besides them.

"I killed him, Rafe I killed him." Lana sobbed, leaning into her ex lovers body, feeling his arms lay flat against his sides while she hugged him. "Rafe.." she sniffled, attempting to wipe away her tears which were beginning to anger her. "Say something."

Rafe squeezed his eyes shut in exasperation, not looking at her. "Okay, we need to get rid of the body." He said, taking a hold of her upper arms. "One, two, three.." he lifted Lana onto her feet, keeping an arm wrapped around her shoulder.

When she felt her feet hit the ground, it hit Alana the intensity of what she had done.

She was a murderer.

She was a hero.

__________________________________

"No effing way!" Kiara shouted, pacing up and down the porch of the chateau. Lana snuck a glance at JJ, whose leg she was sitting on and smiled. "Five bucks." She whispered into his ear, feeling him jolt beneath her in surprise.

"You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kiara shouted, watching as John B's gaze turned to the boys and Lana. "I dunno." Pope shrugged, not wanting to get involved.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ said, speaking more off than usual due to his beat up, swollen face. "You know, I don't remember taking a vote." Kiara said, shaking her head at John B.

"This is our thing. A Pogue thing." She exclaimed, making Lana look up at her. "Yeah, and then at night you return to your comfy bed on figure eight while the rest of us are stuck slumming here. You're as much a Kook as her, Kie." Alana ranted, making Sarah look at her gratefully.

"I gotta say, I'm a tad bit uncomfortable with all of this." Pope admitted, quickly looking away from Lana after the look she sent him.

"Thank you!"

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B shook his cast around, as if it helped him get his point through.

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope said, leaning closer and closer to John B every word he spoke. "It's true." JJ confirmed. "Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

"That cute, guys." John B amused. "Dude." Lana turned to Pope, "back off. He's taken."

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kie turned to look at Sarah sourly. "I dunno, I'm a little bloated right now." Lana mumbled.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah shouted. "Then leave." Kie said, widening her eyes. Sarah scoffed, looking over to John B. "I told you."

"Told him what, exactly? That you're a liar?" Kie questioned, "no that you're a shit talking bitch." Sarah retaliated, making JJ and Lana simultaneously pull out a five dollar bill. "My moneys on Kie." He whispered.

"Nah," Lana shook her head. "You ain't seen Sarah fight." She said, "I mean fuc—"

"Everybody shut up!" John B screamed hoarsely while the two girls death glared each other. "Kie, you are my best friend, right?" John B turned to the girl who shrugged. "And Sarah, you're.." he paused to chuckle. "You're my.." he paused, as if looking for confirmation.

"You're my girlfriend." He said, smiling at girl. "She's your girlfriend now?" Kie asked in an amused tone, wiping the smile off of the new couples faces.

"My tits hurt." Lana B whispered to JJ, quietly enough so that Pope wouldn't hear it. "Oh yeah?" JJ smirked, draping her legs over his thighs.

"Look, love just walked in, okay?" John B suddenly shouted. "Aww, birdie, you're gonna make me cry you old softie." Lana said, standing off of JJ's lap and walking towards her brother. "I didn't expect it, it just — it kind of happened." John B said, looking at his sister who was slowly nodding her head in a mock manner.

"And I'm not gonna deny it, right?" He asked, turning to Sarah while Lana B walked back to JJ who was beckoning her. "Look, cut the bullshit, John B" Kie said, while Alana took her place back in JJ's lap. "If she's in I'm out." She looked between John B and Sarah.

"Kie.. I'm not doing this. I can't!" John B exclaimed, looking at Kie in exasperation. "I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?" She asked.

"Both." Lana's brother said without hesitation, making Alana fake laugh. "Ooh.." Pope held a hand over his mouth while JJ whistled. "Went for the Hail Mary." Kie shook her head, stomping out of the chateau and slamming the door on her way out.

The two boys tutted, Lana following Kiara with her eyes. "It'll be cool, right?" Sarah asked sarcastically. "I'm gonna leave." She said, standing up. "Sarah, don't."

"Gonna let y'all chat." "Let me know" she turned to John B and gave him a tight smile before leaving.

"Guys, I'm gonna make sure Kie's okay." Pope mumbled, wandering out of the chateau while Lana turned to JJ, shaking her head with furrowed brows, shrugging when she noticed him sharing her expression.

__________________________________

For whatever reason, Lana B had chosen to stick with her brother and JJ instead of going after Sarah, and upon seeing the look that Pope held on his face, she was beginning to regret said decision.

"What'd she say?" John B question, tossing a beer to Pope who walked in. "That you're an idiot." He replied, catching the beer in a surprisingly impressive manner. "It's a no-brainer. You're picking Kie." JJ said, taking two beers out of the fridge and offering one to Lana.

"Look, I can't make a decision." John B admitted, taking a swig of the drink in his hands. "So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ asked.

"Dude." Alana shook her head, slapping him on the shoulder. "We can't do this without Kie, and you know it." JJ said, his words, for whatever reason, annoying Lana.

"And I can't do it without Sarah. Okay? They both have to be in on it." John B glanced at Pope. "Well, good luck with that."

"You know what? I know this was my fault, all right? But it's our problem." John B spoke, pressuring the 'our' in his sentence. "I've got a plan. And you three shit heads are gonna help me out."