Chapter 14

"Dusty!" You shout as you see your brother.

You and your mom went to pick him up from camp, You are close even despite the age difference and interests. You hug him then all get into the car. Dustin's friends wanted to surprise him at the house, so you and your mom told him to go inside and unpack and that you would be in shortly. You make up an excuse that gets him inside. Your mom had to get to work so she pulled out and left. You stayed in the garage while Dustin was being surprised, then you heard screaming so you ran in.

Turns out that Lucas got an eye full of pepper spray from Dustin, it looked like the surprise didn't go well. Max took him into the kitchen to rinse it out.

"I'll be in my room if you guys need me," you say.

Once in there you start writing some music. Sometime later the phone rings and when you pick up, the voice on the other line belongs to Eddie.

"The kid home yet?"

"Yeah he's with his friends now, why what's up?" You reply.

"Just wondering what your plans for tomorrow evening are."

"I'm pretty free, would you like to do something when you get off work?"

Eddie had gotten a summer job at the mechanic shop, to earn some legit money he says.

"Is the y/n Henderson asking me on a date?"

"Oh are only guys allowed to do it? Cause I think I just broke that tradition."

"I would love to princess, pick me up at 7?"

"Am I paying too?"

"We'll I mean isn't the one who does the asking the one who pays?"

"Touche Eds."

You talk to Eddie for a while until you hear the front door slam, then hear Dustin's door also slam.

"I have to go, Dustin's back and I don't think he's okay" you tell him.

"Okay. Tell him I say hi."

You hang up, head out of your room and to your brothers. Knocking and waiting for an answer.

"Dustin? Are you okay?"

"My friends ditched me, I just got back and they all left" Dustin replied once he told you to come in.

"Those little shits," you reply.

"And they think I made my girlfriend up."

"Wait girlfriend? You got a girlfriend at camp?"

"Yeah her name is Suzie, she's from Utah and she's hot."

"Smart and hot huh? Look at my baby brother go."

"At least someone takes my word for it."

"I'm sorry they ditched you, wanna get some pizza and watch Star Wars?"

"Don't you have plans with Eddie or something?"

"Nope! Whole day was set aside for my favorite brother."

"I'm your only brother."

"Point is that you are more important than Eddie."

"Thanks sis."

You spend the rest of your time eating pizza and watching whatever Dustin wants. The next day you take him to the mall. You stand in the entrance of Scoops Ahoy, he and Steve share some weird handshake. You walk up to them and shake your head.

"Can you bring him home later?" you ask Steve.

"Sure," Steve replies.

"Thanks, I have to head to work. Don't cause Steve and Robin any trouble, love you" you say.