Chapter 00: A New World

"Wake up...you can't dream forever..."

A voice called out to her, but bewilderment had a hold on her mind as she fought to make sense of the dark. For a moment, she thought she was simply surrounded by darkness but quickly learned that her eyes were shut. She tried to lift them and learned of their heaviness, only managing to blink. What she saw when she periodically opened her lids didn't make much sense to her.

Were those animals I just saw? Were they the ones talking to me just now?

She questioned herself as her senses slowly came back to her. Suddenly, she was keenly aware of sand cradling her frame, the smell of sea salt in the air, the sounds of soft waves crashing against a shore, and the pitter-patter of small feet scurrying away.

When she finally opened her eyes, she caught a glimpse of three little creatures who must've been standing over her moments ago as they ran away. She thought to give chase, wondering what they were and why they had been so close to her moments ago, but her body was so weak she couldn't move just yet.

Instead, she gave herself a bit more time to gather her bearings and took note of all the things around her

Instead, she gave herself a bit more time to gather her bearings and took note of all the things around her. Wooden debris lay scattered across the quiet shore of the unknown land, and all that lay about looked like the remains of a deconstructed ship. There were a couple of broken barrels of what looked like gunpowder but could've also been mistaken as coffee grounds.

Was this the ship that carried me here?  Everything looks like I've been in a shipwreck...

She couldn't recall how she had gotten there. In fact, she couldn't quite remember anything before waking up moments ago.

Who am I, and where exactly did I come from?

It was a chaotic thing for her to be unable to remember herself. Her mind was filled with holes, questions of her life where answers should've been.

As she collected what little strength she had to stand on her own two feet, she noticed a small device near her. She grabbed it as she stood up, examining its structure. It was a rectangular-shaped piece of equipment that looked out of place amongst the fractured wood from the ship, and when she touched its surface, it quickly powered on.

The light emitting from its screen startled her so much that she almost dropped it, but she held onto it. When she trained her eyes on the screen, she saw an image reflected at her.

Wow. So, that's what I look like?

She had a light bronze complexion with sharp eyes and a round nose. Her hair was matted into thick strands that almost looked like braids, and they sat side to side instead of straight. Although, her head wasn't full of hair entirely because the sides of her head were shaved. Overall, she thought that she looked pretty cool and smiled almost instinctively upon seeing herself.

That is until she saw what she was wearing, which was almost nothing. All she had to cover herself was what looked like a two-piece bathing suit made from a tattered brown tablecloth.