Chapter 07: Boss and a Mossanda

A few days went by of Cast giving Rhea all sorts of orders, from simple to complex, to condition her body to respond to him instantaneously. By this point, she had been through all sorts of scenarios and had even won a few fights with the help of Cast's direction.

In a short period of time, her body had undergone significant changes. Cast explained to her that by putting her muscles through intense exercises that tore them, they would grow. Her regeneration would then activate and repair them better and faster than it would for others. With time and effort during exercise, this would make her stronger.

She had to admit that she was growing due to his guidance, but there were still a few moments when he would ask her to do something, and she'd fight the order. However, the duration of time she was able to resist was considerably shorter than before. One such instance that she would fight is when Cast asks her to kill a Pal for one of their meals.

"I won't do it. You can't make me."

"I think we both know that I can, but for the sake of time, I've simply prioritized your training over ensuring you can do this type of thing, but my patience is running thin. How do you expect to become an Alpha if you can't kill a living thing?"

"I wasn't expecting to become an Alpha, remember? That's something you want for me."

"And when are you going to want something for yourself?"

I don't want to admit it, but he's kind of right. All I keep thinking about is that I want freedom...and to get off this stupid island.

Rhea didn't want to keep exchanging words with him. If this continued for long enough, he'd increase her training regiment and put her through a quick hell. She was proud of her progress but didn't welcome the pain it took to make it happen.

"If I do everything you want me to do, and I mean everything, would you help me with what I want?"

"I can't say I've always been the type to negotiate, but I'm listening. What is it that you want?"

"I want to stop being pushed around and leave this island for good."

"Becoming an Alpha will make sure you're never pushed around again, ya know?"

"Of course you'd say that."

Cast paused for a moment, taking a longer sip than usual from his coffee mug. He looked down at the contents of the mug as steam rose from the dark brew. When he looked back up, Rhea had her eyes trained on him, her arms folded.

"Leaving this island is nearly impossible. You know that, right?"

"You said nearly impossible. That must mean there's a way."

Plus, how does he expect to exile all humans from the islands if nobody can leave? That doesn't make much sense...

"You know something, don't you? What is it?" Rhea had a gut feeling that Cast knew more about being able to leave the island and inquired more on the subject.

"I'm not sure you've earned that sort of information, but you're right, I do know something about leaving the island."

I knew it! Someone with his amount of power is bound to have more knowledge than the average person here.

"Okay, I'll make a deal with you!"

"I'm listening."

"I'll put more effort into doing what you want in exchange for the information you have about leaving the island."

"I'm tempted, but I'm curious; how would you determine the moment in which you've done enough to earn said information?"

"Wouldn't that be up to you? I mean, you could tell me now...or when I become an Alpha..."