Chapter Eighteen

'Why did I agree to come? Who was even talking to me? Why do I believe it? Why am I carrying Mikael with me willingly?' Marcel was asking himself as he stood outside a border. He saw a woman with vibrant green eyes looking at him through the door as her eyes widened and she walked away quickly. Then the door was opened by the man he didn't really want to see, but needed answers from. Klaus walked to him with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Why am I here Klaus?" Marcel asked.

Klaus didn't answer, but stared at him, "I thought you were dead," was what he said.

"Well, you didn't go back and check, now did you?" Marcel countered.

"I was dragged away by Elijah," Klaus told him, "He told me that he saw you dead and I believed it and for that I am sorry," he said.

Marcel looked at him with wide eyes, "You're sorry?"

"I am. I took you in and I haven't exactly been the best father towards you, but I think I know why now," Klaus said.

"What could possibly be the reason why?" Marcel asked with arms crossed.

"First, my own paranoia and temperament because of my wolf being free and then bound. Found a way to a crack in the curse to help me be more myself for once," Klaus said. Marcel looked at his body language and noticed Klaus had none of that tenseness he previously always had. "Second, you were raised by Originals. Originals can compel vampires..." he trailed off and Marcel looked at him in shock.

"You think I was compelled? What? By you?" Marcel accused.

"I might've been a bad father, but I would have never done that to you," Klaus spat back making Marcel back down.

"Marcel," Freya spoke, stepping out.

"Who are you?" Marcel asked.

"Freya, I was cursed to be immortal and asleep by our Aunt and Mother. I'm Klaus' older sister," Freya introduced, "You're at a property where a different kind of witch lives. She's actually Klaus' soulmate and her Line specifically specializes in necromancy and it means she can also tell if someone has been compelled. She has a spell on that door," Freya pointed at the door the green-eyed woman looked through, "And you showed you had a compulsion on you," she told him.

"BY WHO?!" Marcel yelled.

"If you would let me..." Klaus started.

"No, I don't trust you," Marcel said automatically.

"Well, I could see if I could remove it magically," Freya suggested.

Marcel paused, "Okay, I've been compelled," he said.

"How do you know?" Freya asked.

"I trusted a Mikaelson I do not know over one I do," Marcel answered. He turned back to Klaus, "Just do it," he said.

Klaus paused, "Am I able to use compulsion over the barrier?!" he yelled is questioned, facing the manor.

"Yes," he hears Jamie answer.

Klaus spun back around and looked Marcel in the eye, "I want you to remember all the times you've been compelled," he started. Marcel's eyes widened and he became angry, so Klaus continued, knowing that it was not him Marcel was angry at, "Who compelled you?" he asked.

Marcel tried to speak, but they noticed he couldn't. Klaus caught his eye again, after thinking for a moment, "You are released of any compulsions," he added.

Marcel stepped over the barrier and wrapped his arms around Klaus, "It was Rebekah," he revealed in a mumble. He felt Klaus wrapping his arms around him in a fierce hug. "She made me help her contact Mikael to kill you," Marcel added.

"She tried to kill you?!" Jamie screeched, now stepping out of the house.

"Why did you come out?" Klaus asked cautiously.

"He stepped over the barrier," Jamie pointed out, "He has no ill will. Marcel," she looked at the younger vampire, "If you kill an Original, you kill their bloodline, so Rebekah was trying to get you killed too," she pointed out.

"She made me do a lot of things I'd rather not talk about," Marcel mumbled, but they all heard.

"Could we experiment on your younger sister," four voices spoke and they were faced with a sadistic looking Bellatrix, Andromeda, Sirius, and Regulus. Marcel was introduced to them as Klaus said, "I'm debating."

"She threw a temper tantrum and didn't want to wait for the right person. Did she do anything sexual to you; can you at least answer that?" Jamie asked the younger vampire in a kind tone.

Marcel shook his head making them all sigh in relief, "She didn't do anything like that, it's just I didn't like being forced to do things at her beck and call all because she was a temper tantrum. She had a thing with my half-brother and moved on to me I guess out of anger because the person that killed Emil took me in as his son," he theorized.

"I'm not going to force you to be around her," Klaus told him.

"We can give you something that would allow you to escape," Jamie suggested.

Marcel smiled a little and nodded. Then he looked back at the casket he brought, "What's with him and why did I need to bring him?" he asked.

"Apparently my mother has spelled him since the disappearance of Freya," Klaus said. He currently had Jamie behind him purposely which everyone else caught, "What? I can't help it," he said, "She pregnant—Marcellus, you'll be a big brother by the way, and Mikael is right there. I know he didn't willingly do it, but I can't help it," Klaus ranted.

Jamie peaked over his shoulder at a surprised Marcel, "Core witches can have children with their soulmates, no matter the species. I'm like very early, but there is a heartbeat. We put a crack in his Nik's curse to allow his wolf to peak through and his instincts act up," she informed him. After a moment she watched Marcel's eyes move to her stomach and knew he heard the heartbeat.

"So, how do we get the spell off of Mikael?" Marcel asked them.

"Bring him in," Bellatrix called. Sirius and Regulus move forward and magically move the casket in.

"Core witches also have magical property. This house was from mine but also has protection from their Line," Jamie motioned to the two brothers and two sisters, "They, along with their parents are helping me keep Mikael down to take the spell off if he wakes."

"What if it doesn't work?" Marcel asked cautiously. He noticed Klaus had also tensed from his question. "What about your baby?" he added, making Klaus tense more. Internally Marcel was happy that Klaus could have a child. Klaus may not believe he was a good father towards Marcel, but Marcel will never ever forget when Klaus took him in. The thing about his wolf made plenty of sense to Marcel to be honest.

"Even though I am the only one of my Line here, as I said this House is in my Line. Magical properties are sentient in a way," Jamie said as they step in, "You crossed the property already," she informed him noticing that he paused at the door, stepping in he feels an aura, "That's the Potter magic, my family's magic. The House will sense that Mikael is a danger and seek to protect the Head of the House—which is me—and protect me most especially since I am pregnant," Jamie explained, walking down to where another man and woman were sitting, "Aunty Burga, you and Uncle Orion need to go now," Jamie let them know. The man, Orion, nods and pulls out a stick and mutters something as the end of the stick glows.

"You guys use wands?" Marcel asked. Jamie nods as Walburga also pulls out her wand and so does Sirius.

"Since this also has wards from their line because of my mother. The Lord of the House which is Sirius was adding to the wards, but the previous Lord and Lady were backing it up," Jamie explained as the aura in the house grew stronger. Walburga and Orion take their leave as everyone gathered around Mikael. It was time to wake him.