eight

Maia

"You rushed us over here, what's up?" Kayla asked as I opened the door for her and Nika. "Girl stop complaining, and get in" I said as I moved to the side to let both of them in.

Once they were in the apartment, I closed the door before heading over to the couch were the girls had sat. "Liv" I said calling to my roommate. "Coming" She said before she came out of her room, coming to join us on the couch.

"So, why did you call us here?" Nika asked, once we were all settled.

"So you know how I had a conversation with Geno?" I questioned them. "Yeah" Nika said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, it turns out he saw us playing basketball today" I started and Nika looked at me confused. "Oh shit" Kayla said, as her mouth dropped open.

"Oh shit is right" I said, which made Liv giggle a little. "Well he was talking about how I reminded him of my mom, and blah blah blah" I said not going into the specific detail.

"And?" Kayla asked, obviously trying to get to the point. "Well, he asked me to join the basketball team" I said and all of the gasped.

I didn't say anything, and neither did they. It was silence, as they proceed what was dropped. 

"Maia Noelle Parker" Nika said as she grabbed my shoulders, making me face her. "What?" I asked laughing at her reaction.

"Well, what did you say?" Liv asked, her face full of excitement. "We wanna know" Kayla said, clapping her hands.

"I told him I would think about it, but I have to let him know by Friday" I told the girls.

"Maia, you're my best friend and you know I would want nothing but the best for you" Nika said making me look into her eyes. "If I'm being honest, I believe you need to back out on the court" She said and I nodded.

"I'm just scared, I don't want to have the same reactions like I was having in the beginning" I told the girls. "There's a difference now, your body has had time to heal" Kayla said, rubbing my back.

"I know but I'm honestly terrified" I said and they nodded. "Plus you now have all of us, and we would be with you every step of the way" Liv said and I smiled at the girls.

"Thank you, I really appreciate your support" I told the girls. "We're here for you all the time" Nika said as she hugged me.

"I love you guys" I said before pulling them all into a group hug. "We love you" Kayla said before her and Nika placed a kiss on my forehead.

"So, what are you going to tell him?" Liv asked as they sat back down in their places. "I think I'm going to say yes" I told the girls and they jumped up from their seats.

"I get to play with my best friend again" Nika said as she jumped up and down, cheering. "I can't wait to see you back on the court, I'm about to get your jersey" Kayla said, which made her laugh.

"I don't think Paige is going to like that" I said laughing. "I don't give a fuck what she thinks" Kayla said which made me laugh even more.

"Oh shit, how are you gonna tell the girls?" Liv asked me. "I didn't think about that, but I want it to be a surprise" I told the girls, and they gasped.