19 | Making my heart happy

To decompose from the stress of all the exams from the midterm, Tyler had arranged a last minute get away from the university just for the weekend. I didn't know the plans that Tyler had set into motion. The only plan that I knew is that Tyler's family was hosting a small gathering at Tyler's childhood home. and I was invited as Tyler's plus one. Nick and Chloe as well were invited to the small gathering but they decided not to attend. Meaning that Nick and Chloe are going to have the entire house for themselves this weekend.

I have been introduced to Tyler's family before however this is the first time I am invited to a family's event. I am not going to lie and say that I am not feeling nervous about tonight because I am. The dress code for tonight's event is formal casual so I made the decision to wear a white long sleeve dress shirt paired with my black pants and a black blazer. Lastly I am wearing my pair of one inch black heels.

I looked at myself from the bathroom's mirror, finishing curling my hair. Both the hairstyle and the makeup put out the entire outfit together. I unplugged the curling iron off the wall and turned off the light then I walked out from the bathroom.

"Wow, Samanthat you look gorgeous, who knew that you could pull an outfit like this so well." Chloe complimented me, smiling at me, placing her phone down on her bed and then she hopped down from her bed. "Poor Tyler is going to melt down when he sees you in this outfit tonight."

"Thank you Chloe, I love this outfit on me. You and I made an amazing job of putting this entire outfit together." I told my best friend, sharing how confident I am feeling in this outfit. "I am not going to lie, I am excited to see Tyler's reaction when he sees me wearing this outfit.

"You're welcome, my best friend. I am happy that you love this outfit on yourself. I agree with you, I am glad that the fashion designer in me helped put this outfit together. I love hearing the confidence coming from your voice." My best friend told me, picking up my overnight bag from my bed. "Whenever you have the opportunity you need to text me please let me know how his reaction was."

"You and your outfits are amazing!" I told her, taking my overnight bag from her hands. "Thank you, Chloe. And trust me I will text you when I have the opportunity. Anyways, I should go and head downstairs. I don't like keeping people waiting, especially if that person is Archer." I announced my departure to my best friend as I walked towards my nightstand. I unplugged my phone from its charger and then I picked it up.

"Aww, thank you, best friend. You're pretty amazing too Samanta." My best friend told me, showing me a kind smile. "Okay, yeah goo!! I don't want to be the reason that you ended up being late. I hope that you and Ty have an awesome weekend."

∞∙∞∙∞∙∞

After Chloe and I hugged each other and said our goodbyes for the rest of the weekend. I closed the door of our dorm room behind me and slowly but surely began making my way toward the nearest elevator. I pushed the button and called the elevator as I waited for the elevator to get here. I heard a door being closed behind me and it was followed by a set of footsteps heading towards me.

"Good afternoon, I love your outfit, it looks amazing on you." I heard a female voice telling me as she stood next to me.

I looked over my shoulder seeing a young woman who looked like she was in my age range. Unfortunately, due to the size of the university campus I haven't seen her around the campus before today.

"Good afternoon to you as well. Thank you, I love it too, my best friend helped me put this entire outfit together." I told her, showing her a kind smile. "My name is Samantha Rooney, what's your name?"

"Your best friend has an amazing taste in fashion. She did an excellent job." She replied, returning my smile. "My name is Melissa. You are Samantha, the one who takes pictures of the soccer games for the university's social media."