22 | Time to party

As Tyler and I walked into the house where the party was taking place, I noticed that the party was in full swing. Automatically, I reached for Tyler's hand, he looked at me smiling as he wrapped his hand around mine For one reason only and that reason is because I don't want us to get separated from each other in the crowded room.

"Did you want a drink, Archer?" I asked him, speaking a bit louder over the music.

"Yes please, Sammy." Tyler without a heartbeat responded to my question.

"Good answer, let's go to the kitchen, Archer!" I said, speaking loudly once again, looking at him over my shoulder for a moment until I looked forward as we made our way towards the kitchen.

"Number fifteen, do you want an alcoholic beverage or a non-alcoholic beverage?" I asked him, letting go of his hand only temporarily. I walked into the kitchen knowing that Tyler was right behind me. I picked up two red cups from the kitchen's counter and began filling them up with ice.

"For starters, I would like to have a red cup with fruit punch, Miss Photographer." Tyler replied to my question, standing on the opposite side of the kitchen's counter in front of the bar stools and his eyes were focused on me.

"Archer, aren't you going to drink an alcoholic beverage tonight?" I asked him, opening up one of the plastic coolers on the ground and began searching for a bottle of orange juice and fruit punch.

"I think that I want to stay sober tonight. What about you Sammy?" Tyler asked me as I began pouring the drinks onto the two red cups.

"I want to stay sober tonight too for the reason I am planning to do some studying for an upcoming exam. I respect your decision not to drink tonight." I said, picking up our red cups from the counter and I walked towards him. "Here you go Archer."

"Sammy, not going to lie, I am glad to hear you are staying sober too. I love when you say that you will respect my decision and not push my boundaries." Tyler said, smiling at me as I stopped walking when I reached him. "Thank you!"

"I know that you know this but I am going to say it anyway. Archer I would never judge you or push any boundaries that you may have. I am always going to respect you no matter what." I told him, taking a sip out from my red cup.

"I appreciate that you do, Sammy, those are one of the many things that I love about you so thank you. I am always going to respect you too." Tyler thanked me, his eyes didn't look away from me as he placed his red cup on his lips taking a sip out from his red cup. "Do you know where Nick and Chloe are?"

I felt my smile growing wider at the way that Tyler spoke about me. "Archer, I appreciate you more than you know." I told him, leaning my back against the cold surface of the bar stool. "Honestly, I don't have an idea where they are or even if they are here. Can you hold my red cup? I am going to text our group chat to see where they are."

Tyler mirrored my movements feeling his elbow brushing against mine then his hands carefully took my red cup from my hand. "Sure thing, Sammy."

I retrieved my phone from inside of my purse and quickly unlocked my phone. I clicked on the messaging app and entered into our group chat.

Me: Hey Chloe and Nick, we arrived at the party a couple of minutes ago, where are you guys?

I hit send,I didn't want to place my phone back inside of my purse until I had received a response either from Chloe or Nick. I returned to look at Tyler, in return he met my eyes. "Now we wait and see what they say."

∞∙∞∙∞∙∞

Nick was the one who replied to my text message saying where they were. I showed Tyler the text message, him and I drank the remaining of our drinks. Tyler threw our red cups in the trash can.

"Ready to go to our best friend Sammy?" Tyler asked me, crossing his arm against mine.

"Yes I am Archer, we have a part waiting for us." I replied to his question, staring into his eyes.

"Then let's go." Tyler said, looking back at me with a smile on his lips.

Soon after Tyler had finished talking, the two of us began making our way towards the dancing where Chloe and Nick are.

I don't know how but Tyler and I walked into the crowd of people dancing on the dance floor without bumping into anyone. From where I was standing I spotted Chloe's hair amongst the people in the crowd. I smiled as Tyler and I  made our way towards her.

"Hey best friend, do you mind if we danced with you?" I asked my best friend, touching her shoulder with my finger.

At the sound of my voice, Chloe turned around and she looked at me smiling wide with her arms extended.  "Hello Samantha and Ty, of course, you can join us!"

"Hey Tyler and Samantha, I am glad to see that you found us in this crowd of people." Nick told us, keeping an eye on his girlfriend.

"I am surprised too, Nick." Tyler agreed with him.

"Samantha and Tyler, I love your costume!" Chloe told us, as she gave me a hug.

"Thank you Chloe." I thanked her, returning her hug as I looked at her boyfriend. "Hey Nick, how many drinks did she have tonight?" As those words left my mouth, my best friend and I pulled away from our hug.

Nick looked at me, wrapping an arm around his girlfriend's waist. "Samantha, she had four drinks, that four drink is going to be her last one of the night and I have a water bottle for her to drink."

"Okay that's good, well, what are we waiting for, let's dance!" I said, looking at Tyler over my shoulder.

Tyler placed his hands on my waist and then he turned me around. I smiled, placing my arms around his neck as we began dancing, matching the rhyme of the music currently playing. The fours of us danced together to a couple of songs for about an hour.

Tyler leaned his lips next to my ear and whispered. "Sammy, do you want to take a break from dancing?"

"Yes, I do, my feet are starting to hurt." I replied to his question whispering back.

Tyler nodded at my response as he began looking at someone over my shoulder. "Hey Nick, Sammy and I will be back, we are going to be taking a break."

"Okay Ty, we will be outside so that is where you can find us whenever the two of you return from your break." Nick said, letting us know.

Tyler placed one of his hands on the back of my waist as he and I began walking off the dancing floor and started making our way to the living room where the couch was located. By some luck, the couch was completely empty, Tyler and I sat down on the couch at the same time.

Fast forward to a couple of minutes later, Tyler and I decided to end our break and reunite with our best friends. Tyler stood up from the couch, then he held his hands in the air. I placed my hands on his hands then he helped me stand up from the couch. Tyler and I walked towards the outside of the house. I saw Chloe and Nick standing in front of the back porch.

"Sammy and Tyler, did you guys want to take a picture with us?" Nick asked us, taking his phone out from his pants's back pocket.

"Yes, we do Nick." Tyler replied for the both of us.

Before the night came to end, Chloe, Tyler, Nick and I just always wanted to take a picture together to commemorate this night and have a memory to look back to when we are older. Chloe and I stood in the middle between Tyler and Nick. I wrapped my arms around Chloe and Tyler's shoulders.

Nick held his phone in the air, I looked at his phone and smiled as Nick began taking pictures of the four of us.