Working For The Knife

lando norris & annika räikkönen

❛ the iceman's daughter has cemented her formula one debut. now all that's left is to prove herself worthy of sticking around ─ but getting herself involved in a relationship that will inevitably become a pr nightmare is not really the best way to do it. ❜

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ secret relationship.

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

Annika Räikkönen has one fairly simple philosophy in life: don't get involved. She was raised by flashing cameras, constant relocation, and the roar of high-power engines until she was old enough to find her own stability in a Swiss boarding school, but those meager years of continual domestic drama gave her all the human contact she needed for a lifetime.

Her father never encouraged her towards his lifestyle; in fact, he urged her into other directions more often than not, and typically, Annika was indifferent to his direction, but the first time she witnessed the inner workings of an engine, she was instantly drawn by its logic. A vehicle was never moody or cruel. It was a binary system of yes and no. Something damaged could be fixed, something broken could be replaced. Yes, Annika and karts got along just fine, and there was no stopping that.

When she acclimated herself to competitive karting, registering as Niki Accola to keep away unwanted publicity, it turned out that her ever-improving skill set was more than good enough to keep up with the boys that had preexisted in that world, and in this climate she made smooth progress up the ranks, while they all scrabbled and fought noisily around her. She pretended they didn't exist. They couldn't keep their eyes off her.

In her teen years the elite leagues beckoned, and the use of her legal surname easily paved the way for her to begin competing in European championships. She thrived off the structure she was given in such rigid competition, and her days were in blocks of the same blessed routines, the same normal; a fixture on that wall.

Her father announced his retirement shortly after Annika was signed to Formula One. There was no point in claiming that these two events were unrelated. Now, the 2023 season is about to begin, and Annika has taken her place among the nonpareils of the racing world. After a stellar rookie year with Alpine, she is set to begin her journey with Mercedes, and the pressure has started to accumulate. She knows how she is seen. Never anything but strong.

Annika was not known for her affection, never the biggest romantic, and couldn't stand the idea of holding someone's hand in public without a chill running down her spine, but she isn't lacking the desire for affection, contrary to popular belief. When the running gag about her antisocial demeanor begins to go too far, she begins to wonder on her own ─ am I capable of being loved?

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

milly alcock as annika räikkönen ¹²
꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ iceman 2: the sequel

*ೃ iceman 2: the sequel

22. she/her. leo. finnish & swiss. 2nd driver for mercedes. would likely benefit from an autism assessment.

❛ i'm not here to pray for tenth, i'm here to stand on podiums. ❜

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

( notes )
erm i changed it ☝️ sorry
do i have any idea what i'm doing? no. not at all. i just laurve annika and i have so much stuff to say abt her. she's the press's public enemy number one. she has anxiety. she's bad at commitment. she's a borderline self insert because her and i have the same autism criteria.
also she's a loser who doesn't want to have feelings.

also disclaimer, obviously this is not supposed to reflect the real-life actions or personalities of the people that i'm portraying in this book. anything that happens in this book is entirely unrelated to real life.

warning : this book will include swearing, injuries, sexual references, recreational drug use, and basically a lot of drama. so continue at your own discretion.