My whole existence feels fuckin hopeless

[Noah's POV]

The sun peeked through the curtains of the bedroom, bringing the room to life with its warm light, some of the sun's rays shone through my eyelids, Causing me to wake up, groaning softly, As my eyelids fluttered open, I found myself in an unfamiliar room. Sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow upon the walls adorned with posters of bands I didn't recognize. My head throbbed, reminding me of the events of last night. But where was I? And how did I end up in this bed?

The memories of a rough evening slowly began to trickle back into my consciousness, lending some context to my disoriented state. Cody, my friend, had offered a listening ear as I poured out my turbulent emotions about my recent breakup with Emma. We had spent hours dissecting the intricate details of my failed relationship, punctuated with shared glasses of cheap booze to dull the sting of heartache.

"Morning already?" I mumbled to Myself, my voice hoarse from the events of the previous night. I ran a hand through my disheveled hair, trying to recall how I ended up in Cody's bed.

then I heard soft snoring behind me. I turned to the source of the mildly annoying noise, tired eyes met with closed ones, as I quickly realized what was making the sound.

oh fuck, It's Cody.

wait.

OH FUCK IT'S CODY.

Quietly, I tried to get out of bed, hoping to gather my thoughts and find some semblance of composure. As I reached for my discarded vest, Cody stirred from his slumber. Blinking his eyes open, Cody's gaze met mine, and a soft smile tugged at the corners of his lips.

"Morning," Cody greeted, his voice filled with sleepiness and tenderness.

"Hey, Morning," I replied, my voice still tinged with confusion. "Um, could you remind me how I ended up here?"

Cody's smile faded slightly, replaced by a gentle understanding. He sat up, motioning for me to join him on the edge of the bed.

"You were really upset about your ex last night," Cody  began, his voice calm yet empathetic. "you were in my apartment, and you needed someone to talk to. I offered to take you home, but you didn't want to be alone. So, we ended up here."

I felt my face flush with a mix of gratitude and embarrassment. I remembered even more snippets of the night, fragments of their conversation and the emotions that had poured out of him.

"I can't believe I burdened you with all of that," I murmured, I felt my voice fill with regret.

Cody shook his head, a soft smile reappearing on his face. "You're not a burden, Noah. We all have moments when we need someone to lean on. I'm just glad I could be there for you."

My confusion began to wane, replaced by the warmth of Cody's genuine care. I felt a weight lift from my shoulders, knowing that I wasn't alone in my struggles anymore.

"Thank you," I whispered, feeling both grateful and relieved.

"You don't have to thank me," Cody replied, his voice unwavering. "Besides, it's in the early morning, we haven't eaten yet."

Cody quickly got up and out of the bed and rushed to the kitchen, just leaving me there on his bed, I mean, what's a few minutes of sleep gonna do to me anyway?

[Cody's POV]

I rapidly stumbled my way into the kitchen. It had been a long, taxing night for both of us, but it was Noah who bore the brunt of the emotional turmoil. I could still hear the distress in his voice echoing in my mind as we talked about his ex-girlfriend, and my heart ached to see him in such pain. Determined to bring some solace to Noah's troubled heart, I decided to surprise him with a home-cooked breakfast.

Taking a deep breath, I surveyed the ingredients available in the kitchen. After a quick rummage through the fridge, I managed to gather the essentials: eggs, butter, bread, and a handful of assorted vegetables. The scent of fresh daisies from the vase on the windowsill filled the room, providing a subtle reminder of the beauty that awaited outside.

As the skillet gently started sizzling, I pulled up a chair and recalled the raw emotions from our conversation the previous night. Noah had opened up about his ex-girl, sharing the depth of their love and the pain of their parting. His voice trembled with a mixture of longing and regret, as he struggled to make sense of his emotions. It was heartbreaking to witness, but I knew there was healing to be found in our shared vulnerability.

Lost in my thoughts, I began chopping the vegetables with a rhythmic precision. The clinks of the knife hitting the cutting board were oddly soothing, providing a momentary distraction from the heaviness that had invaded our hearts. I imagined the aroma of sautéed vegetables would awaken Noah's senses and, perhaps, coax a smile from his lips.

wait, why am I almost always thinking of Noah today?

I quickly pushed the thought away, because I'm his friend of course!

With the vegetables cooked to perfection, I cracked the eggs into a bowl and whisked them vigorously until they formed a silky, golden mixture. Carefully pouring them into the skillet, I reveled in the sound of the eggs gently sizzling, creating an earthy symphony that almost drowned out the lingering echoes of Noah's pain.

As the savory aroma wafted through the kitchen, Noah emerged from my room, still encumbered by the emotional weight of the night before. His disheveled hair and puffy eyes tugged at my heartstrings, urging me to hug away his worries.

"Good morning," I greeted gently, offering him a warm smile.

He managed a weak smile in return, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. 

"What's the quickest way to a broken heart? Take a wrong turn and keep going straight into the past," I quipped softly, hoping to lighten the air.

His eyes widened, and a genuine laugh escaped his lips, momentarily erasing the burden that had clung to him for so long. As he sat down at the table, his shoulders relaxed, and I knew that this small step towards healing was working.

Plating up the eggs and vegetables, I served them with a slice of toast, spreading a thin layer of butter atop. The vibrant colors and enticing aromas transformed the table into a haven of comfort and contentment.

Noah sat down on one chair that has been empty for a while, it's been too long since I had any sort of visitors. he tried to bite the egg, but in turn, burning his mouth.

"GAH- FUCK!" he swore out loud, causing me to perk up and rush to the bathroom to get the first aid kit I had in store.

I made him a cup of cold water to ease the pain on his tongue, "Easy now, big guy, I just made these and you don't have to rush it." I chuckled which caused him to smile in turn

After that incident, We ate in silence, appreciating the simple flavors that offered solace in every bite. With each mouthful, I hoped that the pain would be washed away, making room for new beginnings and brighter horizons. It wasn't a grand gesture, but it was an honest representation of my commitment to healing Noah's heart.

As the last morsel disappeared from our plates, we shared a lingering gaze and a profound sense of gratitude for the simple act of making breakfast amidst the ruins of the night before.

"so... Do you play Mario kart?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[A/N]
HOLY SHIT????!!!! WHY ARE THERE ACTUAL READERS?????