Can't face the world sober and Dopeless

[Noah's POV]

I never thought I would find myself in this situation. 

again

Waking up next to Cody, feeling confused and incredibly flustered. The events of last night were a bit of a blur, but I could vaguely remember venting to him about losing Emma and my apartment. I must have been a real mess, dazed and hungover, seeking solace in Cody's comforting presence.

As I slowly opened my eyes, the memories flooded back to me. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I realized our proximity. Cody was still asleep, his peaceful expression betraying nothing of the awkwardness I was feeling. How did we end up like this?

But as I turned my head to look at him, I couldn't deny the sense of comfort and safety I felt in his presence. His steady breathing and the warmth of his body next to mine were strangely soothing. It was a stark contrast to the chaos and heartbreak I had been feeling all week.

I couldn't help but wonder what Cody must be thinking. Waking up next to a guy who was in such a vulnerable state just hours ago. Would he be awkward and distant? Or would he offer me the same kindness and understanding he had shown me last night?

As he stirred awake, I held my breath, unsure of what to expect. His eyes met mine and for a fleeting moment, there was a hint of surprise before a small, understanding smile graced his lips.

"Here we are again" he said softly, his voice laced with warmth and reassurance. His voice kinda reminds me of the color Orange. I like the color Orange.

OHGODWHATAMISAYINGHOLYSHIT

"I'd never thought you would like sleeping with boys like me Noah!"

Obviously, he meant it as a joke but holy shit.

I couldn't stop the blush that crept up my neck at the realization of how close we were. But his gentle smile and the sincerity in his eyes put me at ease.

yet I couldn't help feeling so tense under his touch

"also about your stuff that got locked in your apartment, It's on the couch."

I was stunned by that revelation

"where did you even get- HOW did you get in?!?" I practically screamed in a mixture of shock and amazement
"Let's just say, Harold taught me how to pick a lock back on total drama" he grinned sheepishly, turning his head to the side to avoid eye contact.

"Whew.. never knew he was willing to even teach someone his mad skills." I huffed, remembering him bragging back on that trashy TV show, and then he may or may not have injured himself in the act as well.

"well anyways, I better get to rehearsal!" Cody Limped slowly from bed, He was only wearing a black t-shirt, gray long shorts and a mismatched pair of socks.

I cocked my head to one side, "rehearsal? what do you mean?"
"Oh nothing, it's just me and the drama brothers practicing a new song, well, only a cover of that song but eh!"

"you're still with the drama brothers?" I ask in surprise, slowly getting up as well, picking up my discarded vest
"Oh yeah! me, Trent and Harold, we're pretty tight ever since the show ended! but Justin left to pursue his modeling career. too bad he was a good tambourine player."
"So.. Y'all got back together?" I ask dumbly, as If I didn't catch on on what Cody said

"Yeah, I'm gonna go make breakfast and I'm gonna take you to see our performance later. I'll be back at 3:00 to pick you up to see our performance, but until then, you got the whole Condo to yourself!" Cody rambled on, Although I didn't catch most on what he was saying, I just absently nodded in reply