The Stalker And Nightmare's Weird Behavior

Cross had barely gotten any sleep, or let alone gotten any decent break, after Nightmare had been acting weirdly this following days. He barely had the chance or didn't want to go to rest at all, even if it would help him, in order to gain more energy and magic within him.

He couldn't do either of those, when Nightmare's life might be at risk. After all, Nightmare never have gotten sick before, even Cross had never seen his boss gotten any even a wink of sleep. That was one of the things that Nightmare just never does, even after they just finished raiding an au, Nightmare would just go back to his office and continue doing his paperwork. Or sometimes you can see Nightmare eating meals at the dining table every once in awhile, or either Nightmare joining movie night.

Those were rare but Cross cherished the moments that Nightmare joins them, knowing how Nightmare rarely does that, even as sappy that sound.

So, it was surprising that Nightmare can't be found in his office. Nightmare had secretly forbidden anyone to enter his room without his permission, it was strictly forbidden. But if Nightmare wasn't there, Cross had hoped that Nightmare would be found at the library. But he wasn't either...

It took Cross awhile to notice that...

Hence, why Cross was in the middle of wrecking havoc in a random au, he could barely remember of. He already made his mind to help Nightmare out, even with or without the help of the others. He already felt bad that he was the last one to notice, and he wasn't going to stand by and continue doing nothing when he could do something.

He might not be a fan of killing anyone, but there was still methods on how he was going to help Nightmare. All he needed to was spread negativity, it doesn't matter what kind of ways he did it. All that matters to him and Nightmare, was Cross spreading negativity.

--------------------------------------

Cross was already making his way towards another au, as he slashed his sword around the air, with the portal slowly opening up. He just finished spreading au in this universe, which was the second one he have done for the day, or night? Planning it was a lot more easier rather than doing it the said plan itself.

He just needed to do a few more, and then he'll actually take a break. Taking down this au without killing the inhabitants was rather a lot more garden than killing them.

How can even Cross spread negativity without killing someone? It was a lot easier to spread negativity that way, and he didn't have enough time to plan out everything, and proceed through a flawless plan.

Time was running, and he still haven't heard from the others. Whether what the others are doing at the moment are unknown to him, and he still haven't gotten Horror to respond to him yet.

How was the others doing? How was Nightmare doing? Was this enough negativity for Nightmare?

Cross knows that he was already producing a lot of negative emotions to begin with, but that wouldn't be enough to sustain Nightmare.

He needed more, Nightmare needed more than that. And Cross will happily gave Nightmare that without any hesitation.

By the time that Cross got back to his senses, the portal was already closed from behind him.

It seemed like he portal himself at the middle of Snowdin, without even noticing it. Was he already getting that exhausted? But at the same time, it didn't felt like one. It was almost feel like Cross just wanna head back home, and rest for the whole da without doing anything.

Cross had never thought of this before, even back before his time as royal guard back at his own world, or even the moment he joined Nightmare's group? Gang? Employess? Family? That doesn't really matter, even if Cross is curious on what type of relationship Nightmare had with the whole gang, escpecially with Killer. Other than being Nightmare's second-hand man, Killer seemed awfully close with Nightmare, that it feels like there was something to their relationship that Cross couldn't find out. Not like Cross was actual doing anything in order to find out more about Killer and Nightmare.