Chapter 3

Recap : "My name is Jayden. I am a Sentinel and I am here to take you to your rightful place."

"My rightful place, huh? And where is that?"

"At Vox Nevestra Academy of Magical Sciences."

***************************
Atalie stared at the guy. He couldn't be more than 20 years old. She had tried to guess his age before as well but this was the best guess she could come up with really. What bugged her was that a strange guy was in her room and he was spewing rubbish about how her rightful place was that Nox Vostra- no wait, it was Nos Vextra, no urgh whatever it was named academy for magical sciences. Atalie was tired and scared and in a hell of a mood. This crabby, angry version of Atalie didn't care about that person's feelings. Besides, he was the one who had invaded her personal sanctum, hadn't he. He deserved the tongue lashing he would get. So she did just that.

"Hah! Stupid of you to think that I would believe you. My rightful place is in Nox Vextra Academy of Magical Sciences." Atalie said mimicking his voice, her tone dramatic. "Who on earth gave you the right to pull this prank on me? And how did you even come into my room, huh? Well it doesn't matter how you came in, but, now you are leaving or I'll scream and then my parents will wake up and you will have to face the consequences of your actions. Oh and word to the wise, my father is not very fond of trespassers, especially those who sneak into his daughter's room." Atalie fumed. All this time Jayden was standing silently, his bowed a centimetre.

"Are you done?" He asked quietly, not wanting to invite her ire. When the academy had tasked him with getting this girl with him, he had assumed - from whatever he had gathered about her from her file - she'd be a docile, submissive little mouse who would nod her head to everything he would say or at least be an agreeable person whom he could convince. But this? This was something he had never thought of. In hindsight it was his own problem, a bed of his own making. So now he had no choice but to go and lie down in it but he could say that he wasn't happy, couldn't he?

"Look, number one, it Vox Nevestra Academy not Nox Vostra or Nox Vextra or whatever you call it. Second when I say that it is your rightful place, I meant that it was a place where you could fit in and be safe. I understand your predicament Atalie. After the horrible experience you've had just fifteen minutes ago it is perfectly rational for you to not trust me because of my gender but please understand that I do not mean you any harm. It was presumptuous of me to think that you would leave everything and come with me and I am ready to amend my mistake. So can please declare a truce and start over again?" He asked hopefully.

When he mentioned the incident that had taken place just fifteen minutes ago, all the fight went out of Atalie. Her body became loose and it began wrecking with sobs. She blinked her eyes rapidly for a few minutes and then turned to look at Jayden, her composure regained.

"How do you know what happened fifteen minutes ago? Were you there? If you were there then why didn't you do anything?" Atalie demanded answers from him

"Yes I was there. I was tasked with keeping an eye on you but I failed. And as for the other thing, as soon as I was about to intervene, you channelled powerful and raw magic. It was amazing. Though I have no right to be, I am still very proud of you."

"Please tell me Weston is alive." It was a whisper of hope. She didn't want to kill him, she didn't want to be the cause of anyone's death.

"Unfortunately he is. But on the bright side he is very disfigured. If her ever thinks about touching another woman inappropriately, those scars will remind him of the true power of women and what happens when you mess with one." It was obvious by his tone that he was more than happy to finish the job Atalie had started. The thought both scared and calmed Atalie.