Chapter 3: It's high time you give him a child

Answering the call, Lydia felt disappointed because it was her sister not her husband as she had hoped. She felt angered when her sister said " it has been three years ever since you two got married, don't you think it's high time you give your husband a child. You should think out of the box ,the man provides everything you need so why not appreciate his efforts and bare for him a child."

"Hee hee!what do you think you're? ,I personally am not ready to risk  having a baby in a rented house and moreover my husband very well knows about this,so that's the end of discussion." She flared up making her sister to gulp the non existent saliva and apologized hunging up the phone.
She always hated it when people poked their nose in her marriage with her husband.

She could never give birth when they're renting a single room,she calmed herself while drinking a glass of juice. Her gaze never left the clock on the wall that kept ticking nonstop. Deciding to do something's to keep her mind distracted as she waits for her husband.

At Akright, Maverick a tall handsome guy with sparkling eyes leaned in his car honking so that the gatekeeper opens the door. The gatekeeper came running while panting and  apologized for being late and opened the gate. The lights on    both sides of the driveway illuminated giving the onlooker a dreamy look on how beautiful the mansion was. Parking the car,he entered the house with a benign smile on his face.

He has been swamped with work the entire week totally forgetting about his beloved mom. Putting the keys on the coffee table,the maid greeted him before asking the drink he would like to have. At that moment,his mom ascended down the spiral staircase with amazement in her eyes . " what a pleasant surprise we have?, I thought you wouldn't make it since you're always busy with the construction project."  His mom said taking a sit opposite Maverick who sighed.

" Actually I want to talk about the issue of my grandchild,when are you going to have an heir to the family , you've spent three years in that marriage with that wife of yours." His mom has been bugging him about this issue and he also sees that he's wife is kinda of unyielding when it comes to conceive a child. He also would also like to take their marriage to the next step to show those around them the fruits of their marriage and love,but he can't let the cat out of the bag and tell his mother everything.

Mary gazed at her son sharply when he didn't answer her question but stayed silent making her wonder if the so called daughter in-law bewitched him . It sounded absurd for a married couple to spend three whole years without showing anything from the marriage and this time,she was going to take the matters into her hands. She had this feeling inside her that Lydia's character was something she had to check on.

The longish silence felt suffocating creating tension between the two people. The maid got worried and used the excuse of dinner being ready to break the tension that cracked between them which was becoming unbearable. Mary stood up first followed by Maverick who's looped with different thoughts at the moment. Serving the food,they finished the entire meal  in silence.

The meal that would have been full of happiness was spoilt by the topic of children which was also a sour spot to Maverick who desperately wanted to become a dad but his wife was uncooperative.  Putting down her cutlery,Mary wiped her lips saying " I hope our family secret is still unknown to your wife,and by the way there's something I want to tell you,if that woman knew that you came from a prestigious family don't you think she would have gave birth to children,to me I think she's just a gold digger who wants nothing but money, sometimes you make me think as if you were swapped with the old Maverick I knew."

" Mom,I apologize for making you worried but the secret is safe because I didn't reveal anything to her a part from informing her that am a mere Uber driver."
Maverick replied touching his temples. Saying goodbyes,he phoned for a taxi to take him back home since he couldn't use his car which might blow his cover . He married Lydia without telling his true identity, everything was initiated by his worrywart mother who didn't want any woman to take advantage of his son's wealth.

Switching off the lights, Melissa and her husband climbed the bed to sleep. Her husband put the cushions behind his back and said "I thought about it and feel like we should have a second child Melissa." 
Melissa looked shocked and gazed at him like she was going to butcher him saying with anger

" The daughter we have is already a burden to me and yet you want a nother child,if you want a nother child, the way she behaves makes me to be on tenterhooks yet you want to have a son who might even become a thief in the future.I have given you permission to look for any woman  to have a child with but not me."

He tried touching her but the  cold gaze stopped him from going any further. Leaning on the headboard,he watched in fascination as his wife slept off .
Christie prepared a meal and ordered her daughter's to freshen up before they ate. Tina and Aubrey felt like collapsing like " who the hell would bath when the food was served on the plates." They salivated at the mere thought of enjoying the meal ,so their mom's order made them to feel frustrated wishing to grow quickly so that they're not ordered around.

Maverick reached home when it was approaching the second cock but was surprised to find his wife still awake. With a gloomy face,she gazed at him with anger but kept silent to hear the excuse he would use for coming back late. " Babe!, won't you hug me and why are you giving me that look as if I committed a crime?"

"Where have you been and coming from this late hour of the night?, don't you think you owe me an explanation for that?" Lydia became adamant on where her husband was.
Gazing at her softly,he replied " I was at mom's place,she wanted to have a word with me,so does  count for my beloved wife to smile for me."

Lydia relaxed and her heart that was in turmoil calmed down after hearing his explanation. Earlier on,her imagination was running wild thinking all the possibilities of her man cheating with other girls. Blushing,she served him food before they called it a day.

Lydia applied cream on her body before climbing the bed. Getting under the covers, Maverick closed the gap between them and whispered in her ear saying " babe!,I think we should do something productive to make metabolism effective hmm."  But to his shock, Lydia juste his arms pretending to sleep. Though she had forgiven him, it didn't mean that he was going to have his way with her and denying him sex was the best punishment.

Not wanting to make things difficult for her, Maverick decided to sleep with his pent up desires. Feeling frustrated,he got out of the bed and grabbed a towel to have a cold bath or else he wouldn't have a single wink the entire night.

The next day,at Mutundwe hill. Marvin a brother to Mr Edwards made a tough decision to offer his longtime brother who had totally changed after marrying Anna. Anna was short, dark skinned with a bad character. Their mansion  is located in an exclusive neighborhood.  At the entrance of the mansion there's a small garden with blooming flowers of different species . As you enter you will see elegant formal living room attached which is stylish with expensive paintings hang on the wall.

Adjacent to the dinning room, there's a healthy kitchen that is fashionable open one. Walking through the staircase, there's a long corridor connecting to five fancy bedrooms. The translucent curtains running through the entire house which is painted in lemon green.
Taking a sit, Marvin waited for his brother to come downstairs so that they can have a heart to heart talk.

When Edwards heard that he had a visitor he was surprised that it was his elder brother.Mr Edwards is one of the richest man in Kampala owning a thousands of taxi cars transporting people from and in different cities. Because of his business acumen,he has earned a lot of respect from all people who admire his capabilities. Ascending the stairs,he strode towards where his brother was seated and joined him.

" Brother Edwards! , it's my pleasure visiting your humble home but there's something that urgently needs to be discussed as soon as possible."