Chapter 12: Incompetent employees.

After watching from the CCTV footage, Joana's gaze turned a certain degree of coldness,so the employees have been accepting bribes to incompetent companies which don't deserve contracts?

Those working in the IT department shuddered in their seats the first time they saw a beautiful lady but emitting coldness in her entire being. Joana shifted her gaze from the footage and ordered Gerald to organize an emergency meeting first thing morrow and every employee was to be part of it.

He was in his mind thirties ,dark skinned with a beard making him older than he seemed to be.He  had known Joana's dad for years working together but his sudden death disrupted the management of the company.

The secretaries on the top floor gazed at Gerald with curiosity to find out what had happened in just few minutes with the unknown guest but he kept mum like how Joana had requested. She would have let go of some issues but she was perturbed when the employees who are supposed to be working playing cards amidst working hours.

She vowed to make a clean sweep and disband all the unnecessary employees from her company and establish strict rules and regulations to be followed .She wondered what really goes in people's minds after getting what they want, for instance when you're in need of the job you do whatever it takes to get it but when you  finally land on one,  treasure it like gold but the moment you get used to it ,the job becomes a mere "ka job".

Meaning that we realize the importance of something after losing it, she spent the entire evening going through all the necessary documents and files.
Belinda lay on the couch reading fashion magazines to keep her brain active or else she would have dozed off.

Maverick went through the projects he was gonna work on but suddenly his mother's advice flashed in his mind.

" I have given you all the time to play around and I think it's the moment you take over your duty you have been escaping, remember you can never be like the normal people out there,since Joana is back,I want you to try your level best and clean up the mess you created few years back or else you will see the bad side of me."

His mother is always serious whenever she talks about business but this time she was more  determined to make him mend his relationship with his ex which wasn't an easy task. 

He snapped out of his messy thoughts when his phone dinged with a message from Lydia,he just glanced at it and balled his hands into a fist,he still couldn't believe that she made a fool out of him pretending to love him yet she couldn't even consider his feelings and how he would react before abortion.

Marriage isn't about one person but two partners,you can't make a decision on behalf of the other .
Since they had just visited parents without the cultural introduction,it would be easier for him to cut all ties with her moreover they came from different worlds like how his mother used to say.

He learnt that when you marry someone from a poverty stricken family,all they do is to prioritize money, material things over love and relationships. Their families are like worms sucking you dry until you're no more.

Amidst the night,fog formed in the cemetery where those without families are buried,the wind blew making the leaves to fall with sounds creating goosebumps on the skin giving  anyone around it to have an eerie feeling.  Thunder and lightening rumbled above the sky illuminating the area with light.Christie found herself terrified gazing at Edward who had buried his feet in the ground with listless eyes and foam in his mouth.   He was surrounded by the dead who looked ferocious at anyone who wanted to stop them from taking another soul to their world.She tried speaking but not a single word would escape her mouth.
Suddenly one of the ghosts held a sharp knife intending to stab Christie but found her voice and unknown force pulled her from the underworld of the dead.
She became terrified by the unknown and screamed waking up.

She wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead,her heart was drumming wildly in her chest,these kind of dreams are considered bad omen in the Buganda culture. She took deep breaths ,got out of the duvet and lit the lamp. Got a glass and poured herself water from the pot which was in the corner.

Feeling the lingering fear asking herself "what kind of a dream is this?, but it's not a good sign."She couldn't even sleep the rest of the night,her mind was restless,she decided to weave her banana fiber mat until the next day. She kept having the feeling that something wrong was going to happen anytime as regarded the bad omen.

As the moon made way for the new day, Christie grabbed two twenty litre jerrycans  and strode to the well to fetch water for her daily use. An hour later,the scorching sun hit the ground with all it's intensity at the extent of creating cracks.

Christie prepared snacks as usual to distribute on different shops to cater for her family needs. She spends the entire day doing various jobs and at the end of it gets a breather when her bones are almost crushing.
With the help of wild herbs boiled to massage her stiff muscles.

Few months back,she and Edwards came up on an agreement to rent a house for their children but Havana her first daughter made the house like a brothel bringing in different guys. This however made mark pissed off and right away reported her behavior to their mom . Christie got wind of these news and felt more disappointed in her daughter .

She accumulated bitterness with sadness engulfing her entire being questioning herself " did I commit a mistake to let her be the apple of her father's eyes?,I spent every single penny on her so that she gets the best more than her siblings but she has truly not considered what I have gone through until now."

The most infuriating of all, Havana uses the bed she bought with her hard earned money to sleep with different men,she got the beauty but probably lacks the brains.
She was once teased to be matched with a guy from a broad who was looking for a beautiful lady to marry but had to do blood tests before proceeding with the marriage but she rejected the proposal saying " am stunning and luck is on my side so there's no need to do the matchmaking."

But what she didn't know was that luck and opportunities come once,and the moment you run out of them,you have to pave way for yourself until you make it to the top. Apart from disappointing her mom,her dad was also especially after the release of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education where she got five points. Few universities would accept her with her points,since what she did was to club and have fun with different boyfriends.

A case in point,in Uganda any student can surprise you with the final results especially those who put a lot of effort and everything in their studies. For instance a student who got a second grade can perform better than those with first grades in senior four when they get in S.6 ,It's surprisingly to find out that children of wealth families take education for granted yet their parents can afford paying the school fees yet the children who come from ghettos and poor stricken families give their all to get good results but at the end can't afford to further their studies.

At Havana's mansion, today she was going to start working officially at Elem fashion house. Belinda was gonna be her secretary for the time being since she understood her better. She looked at herself in the mirror while applying light make-up and nude lipstick on her pink lips. Adorned in her white suit,she got her Louis Vuitton bag, iphone and glanced at herself one more time in the mirror and closed the door.

Belinda was already at the dining table having breakfast but the moment she saw Joana ascending the stairs,she dropped the tea cup that almost spilled on her Gucci dress. She was awe with her friend's beauty and wondered what the men will think. The white suit accentuated her curvey figure like Winnie one of the curvey babes in the entertainment industry of Uganda.

Checking on the time, Joana called the driver to get the car ready, putting the phone inside the bag ,she just sipped on juice and gestured Belinda to close the door. Fumbling with the key, Belinda felt frustrated when she couldn't lock the door. Joana sighed and gestured for the driver to give a helping hand to Belinda who took deep breaths to calm down.

I would like to thank everyone who reads my story,vote and comment. This journey may not be easy but whenever you guys read ,I get encouraged to write and make a difference in Uganda where piracy untells our stories.