Chapter 8: Preparations for the trip.

Joana packed whatever she needed during her stay in Uganda with her grandma.
Her grandma was smiling ear to ear while Sahel watched everything from the sidelines,she wasn't needed after all.

After the hustle, Joana wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead,sat down on the soft carpet and sipped on her orange juice, she always hated this when it came to trips especially when her mother kept asking if she didn't forget anything and blah blah.

She's gonna start afresh,put the past behind her so as to strive to bring her father's legacy to new heights. She hopes the board members to get along with her and  not give her a hard time . Though she has been managing other branches, she's not so sure about the main branch and how the employees behave.

The way her grandma beamed with happiness when packing her things might make the stranger to mistake it as finally getting rid of her but it wasn't the case.

Sahel hung up her call , brought snacks for them to munch on as they spent their last day with their princess . The milky crunch biscuits melted in their mouths,the old lady gave her thumps up for having chosen the best snacks.

Joana sent a message to Belinda to not forget to pick her from the airport tomorrow, sending her flight details she put the phone back on the bed. Feeling bored ,she changed into a light green swim suit high lighting her curvey figure.

She completed her looks with sunglasses,she wanted to relax her tense nerves before she took off for Uganda. This time she wanted to try the pool which everyone used,she rarely did this but wanted to experience what it felt to swim with a crowd around you.

The moment she stepped where the pool was,the guys became breathless ogling at her curvey figure,she was like a fine painting of china. The girls who had boyfriends felt jealous towards Joana who was oblivious to their hatred.

A girl dressed in a skimpy bikini pecked on her boyfriend while circling him with her arms hoping for Joana to take a look but hell no!, she just dived into the water without sparing them a glance.

The way she floated ,dived made most of them to mesmerized with her style sparking their desire to watch such a beauty who had everything a man needs in a girlfriend but too bad they could just watch and not touch.

After enjoying herself, Joana got out of the water making it to form ripples on the surface. Tchh,the guys obviously got a boner with a mere thought of Joana being their girlfriend but didn't have the guts to do so.

Some girls genuinely admired her flawless skin which was milky and soft. Bambi for them had flat behinds with dark skinned color. Joana wrapped the towel around her body and skated back to their house.
She usually swims at their pool for privacy but this time she wanted to change how she did things.

The girls left their boyfriends who were openly ogling Joana without shame. The way they gazed at her body was as if undressing her,this made the girls to huff and leave the guys behind.

Taking a cold shower,the water slide down Joana's body making her flinch,the water was surely so cold. She took deep breaths looking at herself in the mirror,she felt blessed to be endowed with such a figure that was die for especially the guys. Hee,African women surely have it all when it comes to curvey figures.

She got the bathrobe,wore it and left the bathroom. She sat in front of the vanity table smoothly applying cream on her body. She lifted the bathrobe to apply the cream on her slender legs. Amazed with herself,she rummaged through the wardrobe and selected a white tank top with ripped blue jeans.

The jean highlighted her round buttocks with hips. She applied vanilla scented lip balm on her lips,got her cross bag and left her bedroom. Passing through the long corridor,she touched the railings but saw someone she least expected to see again.

Her heart skipped beats feeling overwhelmed with emotions, despite the fact that a lot had been going through her life,it didn't less make her think about Mary whom she considered her as a second parent in her life. Her failed relationship caused a rift between them years back.

Mary who was sipping tea down stairs shifted her gaze at Joana who was lost in thought. She placed the cup on the coffee table as tears slid down her face. The old lady wondered what happened to her but she saw Joana ascending the stairs taking slow steps.

Mary observed every single detail on Joana's expression without missing anything,she had truly grown into a beautiful lady. She felt disappointment in her son when he married someone else other than Joana. Everything happened when she was on a business trip in south Africa.

When she was back,she got to find out the misfortune that befell  to their family and yet her son who would be supportive of Joana in hard times just got someone else and even married her. This disappointed her because it wasn't expected of her son .

Joana stilled her irrational breathing as she finally stepped on the last staircase. Her gaze locked with Mary's who's eyes were already red. She strode to where Joana was standing and embraced her in a tight hug with tears of joy.

Joana was stiff as a rock not knowing what to do at that moment but her grandma winked at her to return the hug. Fate is a cruel thing,she wanted to forget everything that reminded her the painful past. She rarely dressed like this , people used to view her as a virgin Mary but now she wanted to spice up her boring life. 

Breaking from the hug,she looked down clutching her bag tightly when Mary scrutinized her but was surprised when she said
"You look so beautiful dear, you've grown into such a lady that I almost couldn't recognize you,all along you've been hiding all the assets in those loose dresses you used to wear."

All of them erupted into laughter when they heard Mary teasing Joana who was shy from the compliment. Mary sat next to Joana on the couch as the maids brought snacks with tea.

The old lady abruptly mentioned Joana's trip to Uganda, this made Mary excited and promised to take care of her like how she used in the old days. Sahel chimed in how she was gonna manage her father's business.

Sahel's heart relaxed knowing she could entrust her daughter's safety to someone she was familiar with. Joana said goodbye and left them to catch up on the old days. She wanted to treat herself to a date , being single didn't mean she wouldn't enjoy some lone time as others did.

She went into the garage and selected a red sports car,got into the driver's seat and zoomed off  . She arrived at Lord Delamere  terrace located at Fairmont the Norfolk hotel.
It's set amidst lush with tropical gardens with the cool breeze kissing the skin.

She moment she stepped in,she attracted quite a number of attention of couples and guests who were already enjoying the cool evening. Even married men where left in awe at her perfect figure.

Though she was mixed blood,a combination of muganda and Eritrean , this added more to her mesmerizing beauty which left most of the men on gulp non-existent saliva.

The waitress came and took her order as she sat in her seat,she hadn't even warned her seat when a guy with dark skinned face, had cut three layers of his hair with brown eyes  requested to have a chat with her.

She didn't want to be rude ,so smiled gesturing for the guy to take a seat since the table consisted more than two chairs.

" Am Alex, I would like to get to know you more." The guy initiated the conversation shaking his hands with Joana.

She felt irritated,but didn't want to burst in front of this guy,she just wanted to spend the evening to herself without disturbance,she somehow questioned herself if she's a flower that always attracted bees.

The guy went on ranting how he owns a building in Nairobi,he can afford to take care of her,this all made her blood boil.  The waitress arrived with her order saving her from the noisy guy.

She wondered if all wealthy people went around telling everyone how loaded they're but from what she knows, even Bill Gates never goes telling others how rich he is!!

She cut her steak into small pieces with the fork and knife, when she tasted the meat,it was heavenly cooked with the flavors combined together. The guy had also ordered the same.

She sipped on her red wine without giving a care to the guy who kept casting his gaze to her lips whenever she licked them to remove the remnants of the wine.