3: Shikamaru Nara has Vanished

The next Monday came and team 10 was waiting for someone.

Ino huffed and folded her arms "where the hell is he? He's never this late!" She complained, Asuma was smoking a cigarette and choji was eating chips ignoring Ino. "Give him five more minutes if he's not here by then, then we'll go to Tsunade" Asuma puffed out some smoke from his cigarette and Ino rolled her eyes but gave Shikamaru five more minutes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"He's not here and it's been ten minutes!" Ino yelled, "stop yelling would you?" Choji snapped surprising Ino and Asuma but Ino looked hurt but didn't say anything. "Let's go see Tsunade" Asuma said and they went to Tsunade's office.

They opened the door to see Shikamaru's parents and Tsunade reading a letter of something. Asuma raised and eyebrow "what's going on Shikaku?" He asked his friend, Shikaku looked at Asuma "Shikamaru is gone" he said making the remaining team 10 wide eyed. "What?!" Choji and Ino shouted in disbelief "Mrs. Nara, are you sure he's missing?" Choji asked politely, Yoshino looked at him saddened "yes, I went to wake him up and his room looked cleaned out and all that was left was a note on his bed" she said.

"She's right" Tsunade announced making everyone look at her.

She held out the note to the side showing the letter "he left on his own free will. What he wrote here is his way of saying that he has become Rogue to Konohagakure, my guess is that Naruto's banishment had pushed him to this" she said "so he wasn't kidnapped?" Ino asked and Tsunade shook his head. "No, he left on his own free will with his headband also within the note. If he's cleared out his entire room then he went after Naruto, Naruto told me that he's taught Shikamaru a little bit of fūinjutsu that would explain how he could fit all his belongings in something and take it with him. And this note is fresh, how I know that is because I had tongtong smell it to see how old it was. He left the village last night" she said.

"So do we go look for him?" Choji asked "no. For now I'll cancel any missions for team 10 for now, you're dismissed" Tsunade dismissed them and rubbed her temple again. Just as the door closed and everyone left a warhawk came through the window with a letter attached to it's leg, raising an eyebrow she untied the note from the hawks leg and watched as it flew back out the window.

She looked at the letter in her hand and un-rolled it and began to read.

______

Greetings lady Tsunade,

It's Shikamaru Nara, if my parents found my letter and you've probably figured out why I've left then you're guess would be correct. Since his banishment I've seen how happy the villagers have been since Naruto was gone and I've even spotted Shinobi with the same look as the villagers and I'm disgusted with them honestly.

Currently I'm in Suna until I can track Naruto down, he's given me a clue of where his location is but for now until I check I won't know for sure but I'll give you a clue for the troublesome blonde's sorta location.

Land of whirlpools.

That's the only clue I'll give for now, once I find him I'll make him write you a letter. Also don't tell my parents that I've written to you, atleast not yet. I want to see how Naruto's doing before I want you to tell them, he's told me my clan looked after him as he grew up and I'm sure they would want to know how he's doing out here by himself. If I find him I'll keep an eye on him and make sure he's well I know he's you're grandson who you love and miss very much I could tell by you're drunk state and you're aura.

I've noticed I've been able to reads aura's alot lately, the troublesome blonde might have something to do with it but hey it works well. That's how I'm able to be disgusted with most of the Shinobi and all of the civilians.

I don't know when or if I'll come back to Konohagakure but Naruto is my priority for right now.

Anyway I'll still need to let Gaara know that Naruto said hi to him before he ends up throwing a war because of the council.

Tsunade chuckled at that knowing how close the two jinchuriki's were and still are, they consider eachother brothers.

I don't blame you one bit, I know you fought for Naruto to stay but that council has become very tainted and I know for a fact they shouldn't be able to overrun you cause you're the god damn hokage and they shouldn't have that much power that they've somehow gained over the years. Nara's don't have smart ass brains with over a 200 IQ for a reason, our brains run 24/7 and it causes us to be the laziest people possibly on the planet.

She snorted at that last comment.

But for now I'll end the letter here, I'll talk to Gaara before I leave Suna and then head out towards the land of whirlpools to see if I can find Naruto, after that once I do find him I'll send you an update but next time with a Nara Deer, you'll know it's from me if it's a Deer summon. Naruto may use a fox cause I know damn well that he's more fox then human and he's a troublesome blonde who I adore very much and he's worth being a puzzle I'm still currently solving as I live.

Sincerely-
Shikamaru Nara

_______

She set the letter aside, "atleast I know where Shikamaru currently is, but where is the Gaki and why did he mention the land of whirlpools?" Her mind was in thought land as she tried to figure out what Shikamaru meant by the clue that is the land of whirlpools where the Uzumaki clan once prospered and thrived in the Shinobi lands. Tsunade was half Uzumaki and senju due to her grandparents and father so she was just as an Uzumaki like Naruto.

But she glanced at the letter Shikamaru wrote and let out a heartily chuckle "keep an eye on the Gaki if you find him Shikamaru, I trust you'll take care of him for me" she sent a silent prayer to the Nara and to the sunshine blonde haired boy through kami.

|| ---------- ||

2/8/24