𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐲

CHICAGO BOY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter nine,
Gilmore Girls — Season One

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter nine, Gilmore Girls — Season One

September 11th, 2000

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

I SIT AT THE COUNTER IN THE DINER WITH MY FOURTH CUP OF COFFEE. I have my book on the counter, my eyes skimming the words as my foot anxiously hits the floor. I have ten minutes before I need to leave for school, meaning I can afford to drink a fifth cup.

The diner has been open for an hour and I've tried to remain lively as the usual morning crowd barrel in, waving and smiling towards me. Dad stands across from me, his hand snatching the cup of coffee straight out of my hands before I have a chance to finish it. I open my mouth to object but my dad speaks first, "It's seven in the morning and you've had four cups, Luciana. I'm cutting you off."

"Dad—"

"Don't dad me."

I groan, my head falling against my hand. When Dad steps away, I move swiftly, snatching the coffee pot and a mug to pour myself half a cup before I have to head off to school. To avoid Dad catching me, I rush to the kitchen to hide away and down the remains.

"Fifth cup?"

I flinch, forgetting that there's staff in the kitchen. I chuckle awkwardly at Caesar, taking another sip. "Don't tell my dad," I threaten, finishing the last of my coffee before placing the mug in the sink. "See you later, Caesar."

I wave something of a goodbye to him before stepping back into the diner, my face crashing straight into my dad's chest.

He looks at me like he knows what I've done. "You just drank more, didn't you?"

I gasp dramatically, pretending to act offended as I slap a hand over my chest. "How dare you accuse me of such an act. I—"

"I can't believe you," he deadpans, stepping past me quickly.

I collect my bag from the chair, and throw it over my shoulder before I look to the clock. I have to meet Addy before school. Addy doesn't usually stop by the diner in the mornings so I always meet her at the gazebo.

I steps behind the counter, peering around to look into the kitchen. "Hey, I gotta go, Dad." She waves towards him and Caesar. "Love you."

"Love you too, kid. See you later."

     I rush out of the diner, and I hold open the door for a few customers before stepping away. I thank a car that allows me to across the road, and I find my best friend sitting on the gazebo steps. A couple sheets of paper sit on her lap, and it looks like she's studying. "Is Adelaide Sloane doing work or am I dreaming?" I ask with a gasp, laughing when Addy rolls her eyes.