Chapter 14: Visions or memories

"Past? What you went through?" Melvil softly asked although confused.

"Yeah something like that but, I also keep seeing activities and conversations that didn't happened in my presence and..it felt so real, like it actually happened, everything so vivid, clear and real with all the elements of reality".

"It's okay, it must be just a vivid dream, all will be fine" Melvil tried to stop the confused rambling dimmed star.

"But it felt real, I saw when john and Rosy were cheating on me which I never saw or caught them in reality, but the dream was real,..and before we met, the conversation John had with my old boss, it also felt real, and then the night that you hold my hand cause I couldn't go back to sleep?",

"Yeah?"

"I saw my tombstone Vil, I saw my grave and..and it felt so real, like something that will surely happen if fate isn't tampered with".

"Okay okay, take a breath" he quickly stopped her as she start to breath harder and shallow evidently immersing herself back into the dream.

"Take a breath with me, in, out.." he continued holding her hands in his and guiding her to control her breathing and calm her down.

"Now, it will soon be daybreak so go back to bed and get some sleep" Melvil advised.

"But..."

"I'll be there soon" he cut her off and watch as she leave the dining table into his room before sighing and getting himself immersed in his thoughts all about Serene and her strange confession.

'Visions or memories' he thought before laughing it off,

"Just a dream, realistically cause of her trauma" he whispered to himself before getting up an joining her in the room.

He lay at the other side of the bed leaving a considerable amount of space between them and watch her sleep peacefully, he sigh and close his eyes his body facing the ceiling and one of his hand on his tummy while the other shielding his head and he let sleep slowly take over him finally resting after his usual busy day.

~

Morning came with the sun ray piercing through the glass and setting on the two figures cuddled with each other on the bed. Melvil blink his eyes to get rid of the sleep as his internal alarm wake him up to get ready for school, he felt something heavy on his chest and his body warmed up from another body snuggled against him exuding warmth, he slowly look down at his chest to see who it's and his eyes landed on the fluffy brown hair of none other than Serene the dimmed star.

He slowly try to put her head off his chest to a pillow but she immediately stir, waking up at his movement. Serene blink her eyes multiple times to adjust her sight from the sudden brightness of the morning, she look around the room and felt her head been moved before she slowly look down at her position in confusion.

She quickly sat up abruptly that she felt her head got dizzy before it stabilise to normal.

"I-I'm sorry I..." she started apologising before shushing herself realising she has nothing to say or explain the situation which is caused probably by her, she has been used to that kind of sleeping position for the past three years of her life as a shining star and her body hasn't adjust to her dimming life of probably loneliness. She was embarrassed to say the least and she wished she woke up before him seeing her clinging to him.

'Serene don't you have a sense of decency and he is even younger than you' she mentally chided herself hitting herself at the same time.

"Are you okay?" Melvil asked seeing her hitting her head which snapped her out of her mental conflict.