Chapter 17: His Lordship

Glass shattering sounds echoes in the beautiful dining room from a temper flare and Rosy quickly got out of her seat caught by suprise at John's sudden rise in temper.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" He barked furiously his anger contorting his handsome features to a scary one.

"Is everything alright honey?" Rosy tentatively asked but didn't get an answer from John as he continued seething in his phone call.

"Did you task an incompetent fool to do the work? How could you when I told you she walking on this earth isn't supposed to and needs to perish at all" Rosy's feature immediately shift to anger as she got the hang of the situation.

"The bitch is still alive" she muttered disgustingly before cat walking in her night gown to John, she place her long manicured nails on his arms and squeezed them to calm him down.

"Calm down honey that has passed, we need to device another plan not continue to dally on the failure" she whispered close to his ear and his tight grip on the phone immediately relax, she took the phone from his hand and placed it on her ear.

"Find a competent person to do the task immediately" she hangs up the phone call after saying that and pulled John into a hug rubbing his back.

"Don't stress yourself over her babe, we'll always win" she whispered like a she devil and he nodded like her puppet.

~

"Am done! How do you feel?" Serene asked after bandaging Melvil's knuckles.

"Good. And you? Are you okay?,.you must be terrified " worry evident in his voice as he inquired.

"Yeah, not really good!" She replied

"After been attacked twice of course not really!" Serene mumbled to herself before she was quickly snapped out of her thoughts.

"What!? What do you mean by twice?" Melvil immediately asked taken aback by her mumble that he luckily was able to take in.

"Uhmm it's nothing.."

"I heard that Serene. You were attacked twice, so I wanna know the other one's detail, how, where and when?" He asked with rage he tried so hard to hide but still slip.

"You won't believe me!" Serene's thwarted response echoes in his head and he felt a pang of guilt and sadness, he has no idea where it comes from and why so strong.

"I-I am sorry Ren if i ever gave you the impression i couldn't trust or believe you" he sincerely apologised with sober look and voice.

"When I told you I was going out?" She started not registering the nickname and gaining Melvil's undivided attention as he look to her intently and seriously waiting for her to spill everything as he can't believe she was attacked and he wasn't there to protect her.

"I actually went to visit my parents grave..." the starting line caused a sombre atmosphere before shock, incredibility and fear creeped in.

Melvil felt ashamed for not being there to protect the dimmed star and letting her get hurt which lucky enough she was saved in time by the cops that didn't seem to know of the supernatural ability side of the man.

"A-and after I came back I fell into a dream..." Serene continued getting back Melvil's undivided attention as he listen to her narrate her dream which sound so unrealistic, so fantasy like but truth that he has to believe and he do believe it as she has no reason to lie and won't achieve anything from conjuring fantasy thoughts.

"That's so.."

"I know it sound unbelievable but it's the truth.."

"I believe you!" Serene felt her breath hitch as she stare into his mesmerising silver grey eyes that exude nothing at that moment but sincerity, believing her confession, he trusted and believe her. She felt her eyes welled up with tears and before she could change her mind or process her thoughts she lung at him wrapping her arms around his torso.