ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ - ᴀ sɪʟᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ.

Soft shuffles were heard around the room, before a quiet humming noise began ringing throughout the room as well.

It was a quiet day, the birds were chirping, the sun was bathing the world below it, what could possibly go wrong this day?

Callahan was up bright and early, he wasn't the type of kid to do any type of talking — he was past the age of where he should've started talking, but never did. He was always just a silent, quiet child. he stared down at the ground, struggling to focus on the TV, it sounded a bit louder than normal.

he turns, shifting in his seat slightly, his hooves now gently hitting the ground beneath him. he noticed Sam walking over, he still looked tired, but Callahan didn't take process that.

he took a small breath, his eyes shining once the sun had beamed over him, through the window. the house was silent, neither one of the two children had spoken to each other, it was a silent morning.

sitting in awkward silence wasn't something Callahan was a fan of — as the silence sounded loud, a bit too loud for his liking. But Sam carried on with his day, acting as if nothing even happened.

he wouldn't forget what happened that morning, but Sam seemed to want to. his eyes stuck to the screen, sighing quietly afterwards.

it was going to be a very busy day — a very busy and overwhelmed day for Callahan. It wouldn't be much for Sam — him and Sam struggled through different things. Callahan seemed to be more on edge with social interactions and being around others, and preferred being silent. Sam didn't care much, he likes being around others and interacting with others. he was something loud — but not all the time.

the two boys definitely had unique and distinct personalities and behaviors, it was quite interesting to know.

It was always said, “ The Eyes Of The Faun ” was a special thing — especially if it was your child who was born with this so-called legend.

it seemed like Callahan was the target here — he was born with unique eyes, nobody could ever make eye contact with him. they'd report seeing stuff and experiencing terrible accidents.

Most people called him a disaster and a monster, others called him a miracle and a wonderful birth child, as others would report having good luck happening to them if they ever made eye contact with him.

quite the mixed signals here — but that was up to whoever ran into him. was he really a disaster child? or was he a miracle?