ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅ

second chapter, lol<3

tws / cws : mentions of hallucinations (Callahan things he's hallucinating), brief mentions/implications of being sa'd (for me — I only added this as a perspective because I've been sa'd before.  and Callahan is a massive comfort character for me-), mentions of one wanting to harm themselves, and lastly, not wanting to eat / starving oneself.
enjoy<3

Callahan woke up the next day feeling sore — his body aches, that cut had bled through the bandage, but it didn't get anywhere else. he sighs and rolls out of bed, stretching before walking over to his mirror. he removed the bandage, now looking at it much more clearly. that mark definitely was just XD.

he was confused, but quickly snapped his attention away when he heard the argument happening between his parents. he sighs and crosses his arms gently, his gaze on the window. he remembered that... was it even a dream anymore? he sighs and sat down, trying to ignore the argument happening.

Sam had been playing music through his headphones — the creeper hybrid wasn't hearing anything. Callahan had to deal with all the yelling, his body trembling as he hugs himself, hiccuping quietly. he felt weird — he hated the way his clothing felt on him.

Callahan couldn't help but have the urge to vomit, it was a sickening feeling stirring within him. the glow around his eyes, the green glow was becoming brighter and brighter — he trembled slightly, he wished there was a single day where they wouldn't be arguing—

•           •          •

He stared out into the distance, he was outside, picking berries in the forest for today's lunch and dinner. he took slow, steady steps. his body still ached — he couldn't remember why, did something happen last night? his mind felt blank and fuzzy. he stopped by a nearby stream, wanting to take a break, his legs already beginning to feel sore again.

He was simply relaxing by the stream, watching the water flow by so nicely and quietly. his ears twitched and slowly dipped downward, his tail now wagging slowly form relaxation. it was a relaxing sight. he felt all his worries washing away, at least, he thought all his worries would be washed away. he perked up, he could've sworn he heard branches breaking — and turned around.

before he knew it, there was a sharp pain in his shoulder, it felt like he was shot, and he was– with an arrow. he stared at the blood pooling down from the injury, he couldn't think what to do, he felt dizzy, as he fell over, it was like he was suddenly tired. he felt his eyes closing, before they shut, he saw it again. he saw that creature, was its name XD?

Callahan soon woke up in his room, his eyes still half shut, he wanted to fall back asleep, but he couldn't ignore the pain in his shoulder. he looks at his shoulder, noticing the bandage there, and it had XD on it as well. what did this thing want from him? he didn't think about it too much, as he lays there silently, staring up at his ceiling. he wanted to bash his head into the wall - or maybe punch a wall until he couldn't take the pain anymore. he felt empty — but full at the same time.

His thoughts were filling him, not even food would fill him like this. he didn't want to eat dinner tonight, he didn't have the appetite, he's done this twice already know- skipping dinner. he closed his eyes, his breathing slowing down as he began to relax quietly. he sighs and stirs, staring out his window, before he noticed that green glow. his eyes widened — it was back, or, he was back? he didn't know how to describe it, maybe XD was some god sent to watch over him?

he snapped out of thought, hearing Sam coming into his room to tell him dinner is done. but Callahan had refused to leave his bed, shaking his head as he said silently that he wasn't hungry. he lays back down, staring at the ceiling again, he felt drowsy and sleepy again, it didn't take long for him fall asleep.

he heard tapping on the window — and quiet whispers, but couldn't get himself to wake up at all. he had stayed asleep no matter what, he couldn't wake himself up, he felt his mattress sinking deeper down again, it overwhelmed him. would it be happening again? he wished he could just sleep peacefully, instead of having to face this nightmare everynight.