Chapter 1

Ava looked around, all her people were there for her... The festivities had just started when suddenly a cannon roared at the end of the city.

"Princess, they are barbarians! Follow me !"

She took her knight's hand and they both hurried back to the puck. They entered through the secret door so as not to be caught by the barbarians.

"Shouldn't we fight or run away from the puck?" Ava asked as she sat down in the chair in her room.

"It's just a little ambush, I'm here to protect you until it's over." Said Victor, closing the curtains and standing near the door.

The little brunette was tired of never being able to do anything when this happened, she didn't like being weak when she could do so many things. A cry rang out in the castle, it was the queen. Ava rushed to see what was happening but was interrupted by Victor.

"Princess no, I'm going to go see what's going on. Stay here." He ordered as he left the room, leaving the young girl alone.

3 months later

The day was shaping up to be magnificent. The weather was beautiful and you could feel the gentle summer wind. Today was his late father's birthday. Was a great king, he was noble and helpful but perished in a terrible war when Ava was only 5 years old. She spent this special day with her mother. They both lit candles and danced to his favorite song. But unfortunately this year the little brunette had to do it alone.

"Everything is in place Madam, as you asked." Said the butler.

"Thank you Vincent, have you seen my cousin Camila?"

"Yes, she is gardening with Duchess Yasmine"

Ava nodded and headed towards the garden. She left the big house and looked for the two young girls. They were trying to pick corn.

"Do you think we can plant a grain of corn and it will grow?" Asked Camila to Yasmine.

"No, I don't think so."

"Are you girls coming? It's almost time."

"We're coming!"

In the living room.

The candles lit, the violinist in place. The three girls were sitting

on the couch and were talking.

"Do you know when your coronation will take place?" Asked Camila to her cousin

"About this, I wanted to talk to you about it. I have decided to renounce the throne, I want you to accede to it."