Chapter 3

Ava pov: I've been looking for what to wear for 30 minutes, it doesn't have to be white because there might be blood. I hope it won't be mine. I said to myself, laughing, it's been a few days since I started training again, I'm going to get there!

"What are you doing ?"

"I was in the middle of my mental speech, what do you want?"

"Just making sure you don't get your throat cut, she's gotten strong you know?"

"You're not my mother Diego."

Diego sighed.

"No, unfortunately I'm just your friend, but I'm a friend who cares about you Ava."

"Mmm ok, sorry. But don't worry, I'll manage."

"If you say so." He said, turning around.

—--------

"Do you think she can do it?" Mary asked, laughing.

"I hope so, I don't want to lose my one and only cousin!"

"Camila, you have 3."

"I know..."

"Will you finish sewing this sword soon?"

"Yes, if you leave me alone, I think I'll finish in time." She said with a smirk.

"Message received." She replied, walking away.

5h pm:

The arena was ready, only the immediate family of the two women could attend. Lilith sharpened her pointed nails behind the scenes.

"I'll try not to kill you."

"It's too nice of you." Replied before, smiling.

Her sword ready, she put on her armor and prepared for the confrontation.

Ava pov:

Omg I can't believe it, I'm going to face Lilith, I'm terrified. Shit shit, what if I gave up my life? No no, I'm good, I'll get it!

End of pov

They both joined each other in the arena, everyone was there. Camila, Mary, Vincent, Jasmine, Diego, Micheal, Jillian, Isabelle, Victor. And someone else Ava didn't recognize. She must have been an acquaintance of Lilith, she said to herself. And yet, she remembers seeing these brown eyes somewhere. 

"You can always give up, you know?"

"Not a chance."

Lilith runs towards Ava first, brandishing her sword. As for Ava, seeing the demon running in her direction, she smiled and grabbed her sword as well. She takes her right foot forward and braces herself for impact. Lilith hits Ava's sword, a duel has just begun. Ava tries to touch the lower part of the body but Lilith always fights back. After 10 minutes of trying to hurt each other, Lilith managed to make a mark on Ava's cheek. Blood is flowing.

"Ouch, good trick." She said smiling and wiping the blood from her cheek.

The two began to confront each other again but more ferociously, the demon took his dagger and pierced Ava, causing her to fall to the ground.

Lilith, thinking she had won, turns around to see that a person was standing behind her in predicting the sword of a knight.