After the Plan

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

(Master to Kitten, Kitten to Master)
'Thoughts'

[Kitten speech]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Arthur)

Arthur cautiously returned home. He knew that Molly would be mad about the fight. He wanted to tell her the truth and have her understand but he couldn't. No one outside of the plan could know. He just hoped she wasn't too angry with him.

Molly wasn't in the kitchen or the garden. He wondered if she was in their bedroom. He tensed as he went inside. She was there. Sitting on the bed, facing away from him.

"Molly?"

"...."

"I'm so sorry Molly. I have no idea what came over me." He lied.

"You should have walked away." She said, emotionlessly.

"I know." He acted ashamed. "I wish I had."

"So do I."

"I'm really sorry Molly. I promise you that I will never fight with Malfoy like that again."

"It better be the last time." She warned.

"It will be."

"Good."

"I'm sorry." He repeated for a third time, wishing he didn't need to lie to her.

"I know." She hugged him.

He smiled into the hug. He still felt guilty that he was lying to her but he knew it was the right thing. They soon left the bedroom and went to the kitchen. Together they prepared lunch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With the Unspeakable)

"Dear Merlin." The unspeakable gasped.

"What is it?" Another asked, having heard the gasp.

"This diary, it's a horcrux." He managed to get out.

"What!" Eyes were wide in horror.

"Exactly. Go get the head Unspeakable in here."

"Of course."

They ran from the room and soon returned with their boss. The one unspeakable explanation and their boss took the diary away. The minister was also alerted. No one with knowledge of horcruxes could even imagine that the dark lord had made one but they all wondered if it was more than one.

"What a sick fucker." One said.

"He was indeed."

"Do you think Dumbledore knew?"

"Probably."

"Damn."

"I know."

"What has our world come to?"

"I have no idea."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Lucius)

Lucius was sitting in his study. He was waiting for news on what the diary was. He had found it and had no idea what it was except a dark artifact. He would have turned it in himself but knew that the dark lord was out there and his followers were everywhere. He didn't want to get caught, especially since he was certain the diary belonged to the dark lord.

"Lucius?" It was Narcissa.

"In my study, dear."

"I need an explanation." She said once she was standing in front of him.

"Sit down."

"Alright." She sat down in the arm chair and waited.

"I was searching for a book Severus asked for when I found a diary here in the study. I could feel the dark magic coming from it." He told her.

"We missed one?" She was shocked.

After Draco was born and the dark lord was defeated they searched the manor and got rid of all the harmful dark magic items in the manor. If the item was dark but harmless they kept it. They knew that dark magic wasn't evil but they did know that sometimes it could be so they got rid of it all.

"We did. My father hid it well." He said to her.

"Your father hid it? Does that mean it belonged to him ?" She asked.

"Yes. It once belonged to the dark lord. That's why I contacted Weasley and told him about it. Both him and an unspeakable came to me with an idea. The fight was planned so that I could slip Arthur the book. He would take it to the unspeakable." He sighed. "It seemed to work. Those that worship that sick man haven't seemed to notice yet."

"Good, that's good." She said, relieved it was out of the house.

"Indeed it is."

"I'm glad the fight wasn't due to immaturity." She said.

"It wasn't. In fact Arthur agreed that his family was at fault and is searching for the ring." He told her.

"Really?" That was a shock.

"Yes. It seems that his parents lied to him."

"What?" She blinked at him.

"They told Arthur that his uncle had found his future husband in bed with another." He told her. "They then told him we sued them to keep the affair a secret and that we blackmailed everyone so that we would win."

"Wow. How did he learn the truth?" She asked.

"He found his uncle's journal."

"Oh? That jerk actually wrote down what he did?" That surprised her considering he told them all that only girls write in journals.

"He did. He felt guilty and wrote it down in hopes of relieving that." He sneered.

"Of course." She scowled.

"He did write down the location of the ring but it had been moved." He said.

"I see. Well at least now we know that Arthur and his family aren't to blame. Just the older family." She said.

"That is very true."

"Come dear. You had a trying day and it's still early. Why don't we go swimming and relax."

"That sounds good." He smiled.

"Great." She smiled back at him.