Fourteenth Birthday

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

(Master to Kitten, Kitten to Master)
'Thoughts'

[Kitten speech]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Harry and Neville)

Harry and Neville were in Harry's room. They were getting ready for their fourteenth birthday party. Both were sad that once more their friends couldn't be there. Harry was also feeling a little guilty and blamed himself. Mostly he blamed the dark lord since the man wouldn't leave him alone.

"It's not your fault." Neville said.

"What?" Harry looked confused.

"Us not being able to have a party with our friends. It isn't your fault." He said.

"I know. I keep telling myself that whenever I feel guilty. Right now I blame the dark lord." He said.

"Good. It is his fault." He said.

"I know. At least we can still mirror call them." Harry said.

"Very true. I'm done." He said.

"So am I." He said.

"Let's go." He said.

The two left and went to the backyard. That was where their party was being held. A large mirror was set up. The twins were in their swings and were currently sleeping. Vasuki spotted them first and ran over to them.

"Happy birthday!" He said, hugging them.

"Thank you." The two said, hugging him back.

"Do you like the flowers? I picked them out myself." He proudly informed them.

"The sunflowers are gorgeous." Harry answered.

"They really are. Nice choice." Neville said to the naga.

"Thank you." He grinned.

The others came over to hug them and wish them a happy birthday. Then they ate their dinner. Once done they mirror called their friends. Everyone wished them a happy birthday. They caught up for a bit before it was time to open presents. Since Jason was the first person on the mirror call they opened his first.

He got Harry a book on magic art through history. Harry loved it a lot. For Neville he gave him some seeds he picked up from magical America. The two loved their gifts and thanked them. Next was Talia's gifts. For Neville she gave him some new fire and water plants. For Harry she gave him a few clothes. They were imp style clothes. He loved them. Neville loved the new plants.

Lucy's gifts were next. She gave Harry a silver kitten necklace. For Neville she sent him a mixed seed packet on wind plants. Her twin gave Harry a silver choker with a black kitten on it. For Neville she got him some more gardening tools. They thanked them.

"Me next." Lola said.

Lola gave Neville a book on fairy plants. For Harry she gave him a book on Roman art. Both loved the gifts that she gave them. They thanked her and next they opened Alex's gifts. He gave them both framed photos of their friends. The two really appreciated it. Melody was next. She gave Harry a harp. She knew he was learning how to play. For Neville she got him a book on fertilizers.

"Aqua is next." Harry said.

She gave Neville a special herbology journal. It self-updated whenever a herbologist published a paper. He really loved it. For Harry she gave him an art magazine that self-updated whenever a new issue came out. He too loved his gift.