Thirteen

When Ijeoma had told him she'd get back to him, he hadn't imagined it would take weeks to get her on the phone. How could she even be busier than him that had a law firm to run. Sometimes, he got hit with waves of jealousy whenever he thought about the men she was entertaining. She'd given him a few ridiculous excuses but this recent one took the cake. How could she choose watering her plants to spending time with him? It wasn't as if he was inviting himself to her bed, this was supposed to the 'spending time together when not actually fucking' part.

"What's up with you?" Kachi's voice made him lift his head.

"What do you mean?" he asked, his brows furrowing.

"You've been staring at your phone all evening," Chike interjected.

"Waiting for her to text you?" Kachi winked.

"I never thought I'd see the day that Azu mooned after a woman." Chike laughed.

"I'm not waiting for her text." He looked around, pushing his phone into his front pocket. "Where are the ladies?"

"Ada wants to show Zariah something inside," Kachi supplied. "You didn't even notice them leaving. Is everything alright?"

"How are they doing? Our baby mama doing alright?" Azu tried deflecting but his friends were not having it. Chike glared at him and Kachi smirked. Since Zariah came into their lives, Kachi was smiling more and the jovial Chike was taking his place as the mean one. Maybe it was because his own woman was pregnant and he wasn't getting laid anymore but the man was becoming a bit of an ass. "Is she no longer putting out? Is that why you're so brutal nowadays?"

Chike's glare became even harder. "Stop talking about my woman. And not that it's any of your business, but our sex life is great which is more than I can say about you and your escort."

"Ouch." Azu laughed, irritating his friend even more.

"But let's get back to you, what's going on?" Kachi wiped the smile off his face, but he could still see the mirth crowding the man's gaze.

"Really it's nothing, I have it handled. Remember I'm well versed in this department."

"Have you ever been in a relationship before?"Chike asked.

"I haven't but this isn't a relationship." He frowned.

"Then what's the problem? You're the king of one night stands, why are you hung up on this one? Was the sex that good?" Kachi leaned in.

"We haven't had sex, yet," he muttered.

Chike choked on the drink he'd just sipped and began coughing while Kachi burst into laughter. If they were not having fun at his expense, Azu would have been amused by this scenario. "Say that again," Chike said when he finally regained his breath.

"We haven't had actual sex. We did stuff but not that." He shifted in his chair, wishing he was anywhere but here. His friends would be sure to give him hell for this. He could already feel his light skin turning red as their heated gazes rested on him.

"You haven't fucked this girl but she already has your mumu button?" Kachi shook his head. "Wow!"

"Why did I even think that you two would be helpful?" He sighed, pushing back in his chair to look at the darkening sky.

"We are just trying to understand. And it's our duty as your friends to mock you every now and then, we don't want you to float away on your pumped up ego." Chike patted his back.

"Besides, you've done worse to us. It's only right you get mocked at least once," Kachi added.

"Alright, tell us what's going on," Chike ordered.