Seventeen

His mind was nowhere near here. Usually, meeting new, important clients excited him, the huge sums that usually followed were a benefit. Right now though, his mind was on one woman. A strange thing that he was now getting used to. Since the day he met her at that restaurant, all Azu could think about was her. Some days, he enjoyed thinking about her, making plans on what to do with her and reminiscing about what they'd done already. The rest of the time, he wished for the obsession to be over so he could go on his merry way.

"...you get." Azu caught the tail end of what his client was saying and nodded. "So I just want you to make this go away. I don't care about the cost, this cannot go in her favor."

"So tell me the truth, not what your PR person asked you to tell me. Did you assault your girlfriend on that date?"

The celebrity sat in front of him blinked a few times before looking away. "I caught her cheating and we got into a fight. She asked me to hit her if I was a man. I did what she said and then she hit me back."

"So she started it verbally and then you only did as she wanted."

"Yes! Women are crazy, man. So, can you make this go away?"

"Sure. Can you give me more details? What exactly did you do to her?"

The man shifted in his seat, his eyes roaming around the quiet lounge before leaning in to whisper. "I just slapped her a few times. I promise she hit me back, it's not my fault that they bruise easily." He exhaled, looking around again. "She has pictures and a doctor's note, but nothing to prove it was me. Honestly I'm meeting with you as a formality, in case she takes this to the media. I'll file a defamation suit."

Azu leaned back, one finger smoothly releasing the buttons on his jacket. "You must not have done your research about me." He grinned at the man whose brows were now drawn together in confusion. "I'm an asshole, but an asshole with principles. If you had done proper research, you'd know I would never defend you against a woman you hurt. Instead I'd help her ruin you."

"What?" the client yelled, his face now taking on an alarming shade of red. "You can't do that! Isn't this supposed to be a confidential meeting?"

Azu pointedly looked around. "I don't see any documents attesting to that. You've wasted my time enough, and now I have to leave." He pushed his chair back, grabbing his briefcase and phone.  When he was standing over the still fuming client, he buttoned his suit, taking his time to straighten the fabric. "I guess I'll be seeing you in court, on the winning side," and with that he left. Almost immediately, his phone rang. Although he'd talked himself out of it he rushed it, hoping it was the one female that was occupying his mind. She had not contacted him all day, and all the messages he sent her, she'd yet to reply even though she read it.

He sighed when he saw it was Chike, immediately declining the call. He had a one track mind at the moment, everyone else could fuck off. Azu dialed her, deciding to swallow his pride. After all, this whole thing would end when he eventually had her. There was no need to consider unimportant things like his ego. He would have her exactly where he wanted and then move on once he had his fill. Besides, chasing her was part of the fun, especially because he knew he was going to get her, no matter what it took.

She picked up almost at the last dial tone, as if she had been considering letting the phone keep ringing. "Hello?" Her voice immediately soothed something in his chest, the husky undertone tightening his slacks. He wanted to fuck her so bad.

"Where are you?"

"I'm home."

"Leave the door unlocked." He hung up, already close to his car. Her estate was about thirty minutes from where he had the meeting, it was almost lunchtime and he knew the traffic would be bad, but Azu was determined to get there as soon as possible. Today was going to be the day.