two

Obi-Wan, Anakin and Cory stand in the centre of the Jedi Council Chamber. The members of the Council are seated in a circle surrounding them - Cory is directly facing her Master.

"Track down this bounty hunter, you must, Obi-Wan," Yoda instructs

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for," Mace Windu adds and the rest of the council nods

"What about Senator Amidala? She will still need protecting,"

"Handle that, your Padawan will, Cory, stay and assist me with the younglings you shall,"

"But master, with all due respect, I think I'm ready for bigger missions,"

"Made my decision, I have. Assist Obi-Wan you may if you desire," Cory sighs and tries not to roll her eyes. Either her master was sending her on strange missions with other Jedi masters, or he was using her as free childcare.

"Anakin, escort the Senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there. And don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees,"

"As the leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the Capital," Anakin sounds sceptical of the plan and Cory nods her head in agreement, Padmé seemed like a stubborn woman.

"Until caught this killer is, our judgement she must respect,"

"Anakin, go to the Senate and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her," Mace Windu later dismisses the three Jedi and they bow, walking out of the chambers.

On the walk back to her room, Cory sees Mace Windu and Obi-Wan walking along the Temple corridors, Yoda next to them, riding in a small floating chair. She slows down, attempting to hear what they're talking about.

"I am concerned for my Padawan. He is not ready to be given this assignment on his own yet. Perhaps you should send Coretta with him,"

"The Council is confident in this decision, Obi-Wan," Yoda glances back where he sees his padawan walking much slower than her natural pace.

"The boy has exceptional skills," Mace Windu comforts Obi-Wan "As does Cory, but they work together too often, we need to see their skills alone,"

"But Anakin still has much to learn, Master. His abilities have made him... well, arrogant," Cory holds back a laugh.

"Yes, yes. It's a flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones," Yoda gives Obi-Wan a look as he stops in front of them. This forces Cory to walk past the group, giving them polite smiles.

"Remember Obi-Wan. If the prophecy is true, your apprentice is the only one who can bring the Force..." Cory is just out of earshot and she sighs, heading in the direction of her room. She walks past several older younglings who smile at her and wave - one of them being a very excitable Ashoka Tano.

Coretta soon reaches her chambers, and she smiles when she sees Anakin pacing back and forth outside her room "Anakin!" she greets, getting closer "What're you doing here?"

He stops and turns to look at her "I was worried I wouldn't get to see you before I left,"

"Well, I'm here," she smiles and puts her hand up to the screen next to her door so it opens, and she gestures for Anakin to follow her in "Are you excited for your first assignment without Obi-Wan?"

"I'd prefer it if you were with me," Anakin admits and Cory's door shuts behind him.

She gives him a soft smile and leans on the brown armchair that faces her bed. All Jedi rooms were the same: brown and ugly. Cory had a few paintings up, and her bedsheets were as colourful as she could get, but she knew Anakin had practically an entire workshop in his room.