one

When did elevator music go out of fashion? Too soon.

Coretta is stood to the left of Anakin in a golden elevator as it goes up towards Senator Amidala's apartment, Obi-Wan is to the right of him, and it's absolutely silen-

"You seem a little on edge,"

Oh.

"Not at all," Anakin barely turns to look at his Master who ignores his denial.

"I haven't felt you this tense... since we fell into that nest of gundarks,"

"I beg your pardon?!"

"You fell into that nightmare Master, Cory and I rescued you, " Anakin corrects, and Obi-Wan smirks.

"Oh... yes," Obi-Wan was now laughing and Anakin and Cory both laugh with him, Anakin's however coming out more nervous.

"You're sweating," Cory notes, looking over at the other Padawan

"Relax. Take a deep breath," Obi-Wan instructs

"I haven't seen her in ten years, Master," Cory was confused as to why he was nervous, she was a senator sure - but they met senators often.

The elevator doors open and the three are greeted immediately

"Obi? Obi! Mesa so smilen to seein yousa!"

" Good to see you again, JarJar,"

"Senator Padmé. Mesa palos here! Lookie, lookie, Senator. Desa Jedi arriven," Cory holds back a smile at his enthusiasm as he leads them into the main living area.

"It's a great pleasure to see you again, milady," Obi-Wan greets and the Senator turns around, a bright smile coming to her face as she recognises her old friend. She was drop-dead gorgeous, with long brown hair up in a golden cage hair accessory, a long purple dress wrapped around her.

"It has been far too long, Master Kenobi," The senator looks over to the two Padawans "Ani? My goodness, you've grown!"

"So have you," Anakin notes very plainly, Cory's eyes widen as she contains a laugh. Anakin doesn't add anything else and Padmé has a small smile on her face, luckily, she doesn't seem to take any offence to his bluntness.

"Oh Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine," She then turns to Cory, taking a moment to properly look at her "You must be Master Yoda's Padawan, Coretta if I remember correctly?"

"Yes," Cory nods, bowing her head "It's a pleasure to meet you Senator,"

"You can call her Cory - most people do," Anakin interrupts and both women raise an eyebrow.

"Well, I'm sure Coretta can decide on which name she prefers on her own Anakin,"

Cory liked her.

"Cory's fine, I prefer it actually," Padmé nods and then leads the three Jedi to the couches in her living area, the four then talk over the threat briefly before Cory grows agitated - she was not one to sit still. Padmé notices.

"Perhaps with merely your presence, the mystery surrounding this threat will be revealed. Now, if you'll excuse me," she stands, causing everyone else to out of courtesy "I will retire,".

Once Padmé has left the room, Obi-Wan excuses himself to go and talk to the security downstairs, and Anakin moves out and onto the balcony.

When Coretta goes to follow, she notices that Padmé has re-entered, now in her night clothes.

"Senator," she nods and Padmé smiles softly

"Please, just Padmé," she gestures for Cory to step closer "Master Obi-Wan and Typho don't wish to discover who is behind these attacks on me, they merely wish to prevent them,"