3

•Chapter 3•
__________
A young man steadily placed his two hands on the edge of the balcony. His mesmerizing light brown eyes seemed to lay focus on the servants that paced forth and back in various directions. His dark eyebrows were knitted in concentration, his dark full lips closed tightly together as he hadn't spoke a word for a moment. All sorts of negative thoughts came across his mind and he could not think of a single solution.

A cool cold wind blew from the north and his soft hands seemed to loosen up the grip on the balcony.
His eyes steadily closed and he inhaled the cool fresh wind through his nostrils and he then exhaled out loudly through his nostrils. All his thousands and thousands of thoughts had come to a halt for a moment. He longed for the moment to last and mostly longed for his father's return.

"Leo," a sweet voice called him. "You haven't eaten all day. I brought you something to eat." A sweet tone spoke from behind him. For a while there was silence between the two. His gaze was well focused on the ground that was below him with the servants that looked like scattered little ants migrating from place to place. He steadily inhaled the cool aroma that surrounded them and then turned to face her.

He took several steps towards her and place his metallic hands on her soft, smooth, pale skin as he gazed into her eyes that were a dark shade of blue.

"Thud! Thud!"

The sound of his heart racing faster could be heard loud and Clearly by the two people. Her wavy dark chocolate hair made her appear more attractive. At times the boys were attracted to her like a magnet, despite having all their attention hers only fell on one man and that was Leo. She had longed for this moment to happen- she often created fantasies about him each second, hour, minute and she could never stop thinking about him.

Suddenly Leo shoved her aside and reached out to touch the metallic silver door nob.He twisted it before pulling the it and the door opened silently without an ounce of an sound.

The girl's eyes widened and her rosy cheeks turned red. Time seems to have come to a halt as her mind couldn't register the situation. She began fidgeting and before she could know it. She was crouching on the marble dark gray floor with her hand over her mouth- quietly she shed tears.

"Leo! There you are!" A voice from behind the hallway made him turn quickly.

"Yes, Alethea?" He replied.

"Let me be by your side Leo. I assure you I will aid you in anyway." Althea spoke as she grabbed his cold metallic hand. She stared at him with pleading eyes, he heart raced as she waited for his response.

"I did not want to drag you into this Alethea. I can manage. I assure you. Now go and do your daily duties." He spoke as he commanded her. He pulled his hand away and made his way out of the castle.

"Tik, Tak." The sound of his boots made as his foot stepped on the weak dusty-ball like particles with dry and cracking soil.
On both sides of the roads was yellow, dried grass. No trees except for small little hills that stood in the midst of the grass.

His thoughts were all over his thoughts were all over his mind, but one thought bothered him. No matter how hard he tried to brush it off.

Soon enough he found himself standing at inside the gates of the training yard.

Hundreds and hundreds of young youths swayed their wooden swords in all various directions at different paces. Some who were a year older or two were more physical and quick as lightning as they moved their wooden swords. The other ones had trouble moving at a fast pace and often stumbled and fell on the ground dusty ground with a thud.

On some parts of the ground were full of yells and commands from training partners.

"ONE, TWO, THREE. STRIKE!" They yelled and sound of wood cracking would fill the air as their fists made collided with the wooden board. A few others ounces back as they shook their paining, red hand in the air and often needed a few more tries to break the wood.

Leo took part with others that were in a small wooden house. Now a few youths practiced their combat skills with a so called dummy.
He was one of the greatest young trainers in the training even though he wouldn't become a ruler of the great Kingdom.

He promised to never leave his sister's side and will stand by her side. Day. Afternoon. Night.

Soon enough dusk time was overshadowed by the darkness. A dark shade of blue spread across the sky and tiny, thousands of twinkling stars spread across the sky miles and miles away all scattered in the sky. The surrounding area had become silent and only the yells from the training yard replaced the silence.

A man who rode on his horse pulled the reins which were attached on to the sides of the horses as he examined the pupils.

Without anytime to waste the pupils quickly halted their activities and gathered as they stood in multiple lines. They stood there breathless with sweat dripping from every inch of their body. Sticky and sweaty, exhausted from all of that and all they wished for was a nine lettered word.

"Dismissed." He spoke as he seems to have hoped off his horse and stood in front of the young youths and waited for him to leave the training yard.

"Yes finally! A break!" A young youths yelled.

The silence was then overpowered with the chit-chattering among the youths as they existed the yard and making their way home. This only occurs after three-to-four months going back home and most times there be sleeping in the readily made beds.