1. THE NIGHTMARE

Beads of cold sweat dotted Navya's forehead , as she struggled to shake off the vivid images that lingered in her mind. In the shadows of a familiar bedroom, the echo of a sinister figure , hanging from the roof's fan replayed in her memory, sending shivers down her spine.

Her breath quickened , as she moved closer to that familiar hanging body. Navya clutched the sheets tightly , and her heart started racing like a trapped bird.

A soft tremor escaped her lips , as she wrestled with the phantoms of the dream.

The sensation of dread hung heavy in the air , made difficult for her to move , but with a sudden shaky exhale she forced herself to wake up.

Her breath quickened and she scanned the room, seeking reassurance in the familiar shapes of furniture , she felt relieved and the Moonlight spilling through the curtains, casting an ethereal glow , did a little dispel to the residual fear.

The room was extremely silent, except for the rhythmic ticking of the clock

The room was extremely silent, except for the rhythmic ticking of the clock. So she hugged her knees to her chest , grappling with the remnants of the haunting scenes.

Slowly, she let out a shaky breath, determined to vanish the darkness that clung to her consciousness

Slowly, she let out a shaky breath, determined to vanish the darkness that clung to her consciousness.With a shaky hand , she reached for the bedside lamp, flooding the room with warm light and took her meds to calm herself.

Then she set an alarm , for 6:00 a.m. and went back to her bed and tried to fall sleep.

The alarm buzzed and she slowly opened her eyes, but the remnants of a haunting nightmare were still clinging to her thoughts. So , with a pretentious smile she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up, ready to embrace the challenges ahead.

Because today marked the beginning of her journey into the medical college , KGMU , LUCKNOW.

She walked over to her wordrobe , glancing at the neatly laid out medical textbooks and a stethoscope (a gift from her parents ). She choose her outfit and went for a shower .

After a refreshing shower, she wore her outfit and get a quick glance in the mirror, her dark circles got much darker, so she hide them with a light makeup.