3

"We need to check on him," Minho suddenly blurted out. They were currently sitting at a table in the cafeteria. Today, they were alone together, as their friends had some work and couldn't join them for lunch.

"Wait, wait," Hyunjin took a deep breath and then exhaled a lot of air from his lungs.
"I still don't quite understand," he continued, looking into Minho's eyes.

"All of a sudden, we meet this guy, we help him, but he runs away. Then a new student comes, and it's him? I'm really confused," Hyunjin spoke.

"Hyun, i know it's confused, but trust me, I know it's him," the brunette smiled and took Hyunjin's hand.
"I'm sorry for dumping all this on you, but I really feel something more in him. We need to help him," he continued, gently stroking Hyunjin's hand.

"What happened to him anyway? First, he wanted to leave for good, and then we find out about those scars?" Hyunjin pondered aloud.

"Maybe he's tried it before," Minho sighed and looked around to see if he could spot the boy.

"And why a new school? Just like that?" Hyunjin continued, still not quite understanding the connections between everything that had happened in the last few hours. It hadn't even been a day! It was still a fresh matter, and both boys were confused by it.

"I... I have no idea. Look at him, he's cute and handsome. He's thin, too thin in my opinion, I'm starting to worry about his diet. We've been sitting here for thirty minutes, and he's nowhere to be found. How is it that life has punished him like this?" Minho still couldn't get over how he held him in his arms for a while. Jisung was so small and thin.

"I understand, Minho, it's hard to believe," the black-haired boy leaned towards him and gently kissed him on the cheek.

"Wait! Do you happen to have any classes with Jisung?" Minho asked, hoping that the other boy had seen him later in the day.

"Today, I don't think we have any classes together," Hyunjin pondered. He didn't want to admit it, but he also hoped to run into the boy during the day. The school isn't so big that they wouldn't see him at least once, aside from the morning in the principal's office.

"That's a shame," Minho shrugged and looked into Hyunjin's eyes. How much he loved him, every time he looked at the black-haired boy, he had to remind himself how grateful he was to have him. Hyunjin was beautiful, a strong man. Anyone who walked past him immediately fell in love and got weak in the knees.

But the brown-haired saw more than just external beauty in the other, he saw it inside too. He was always so kind and loving towards him. Sure, they argued from time to time, but they always sorted it out quickly and made up. Nothing serious ever happened. For that, they were both incredibly grateful.

"It's okay, we'll definitely run into him," Hyunjin smiled and slowly got up from the table. He didn't forget to take the leftovers from their bought lunch and throw them into the nearby trash can.

"That's what I'm talking about," Minho smiled at his thought and continued to watch the taller one as he returned to the table.

"Shall we?" He extended his hand, which the brunette accepted without hesitation, and also stood up.

"We need to attend the school council, apparently the others want to discuss something," Hyunjin smiled, and with Minho, continued walking to the council room.

On the other side, Jisung sat at the far end of the school, under the stairs. He was still catching his breath from the run he had just done. Many might ask what had just happened, but Jisung would shoot them away. He always tried to appear strong in front of others, even though he knew very well he wasn't.

Quietly, he pulled out a book from his backpack, not wanting anyone to know he was sitting there. We could call that book a diary, although Jisung would disagree. His mother had given him the diary once, and from the day Jisung writes a few sentences in it every day. In those moments, he imagines as if he's talking directly to her.

Today was tough again, two nice guys showed me around the school. One group found out everything about me from my previous school, they're after me. If only you were here...

He wrote it down and then put the book back into his backpack. He didn't want to go anywhere, he felt safe under the stairs, knowing that no one would come by or find him there.

But as fate would have it, the bell started ringing. He knew that if he didn't show up for class, it wouldn't end well for him. But as if it would turn out well for him at least once.

Above his thoughts, a smirk formed. It was never fair to him. With that in his mind, he stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulder. Slowly, he walked down the hallway to the classroom.

⚠️
"Well, well," a voice called out behind him. Jisung immediately recognized the voice.
"Isn't it our little Jisung?" He laughed and started approaching Jisung.
"Someone stopped hiding from us," he continued in the same tone.

Jisung wanted to speak, to defend himself somehow, but instead, he stood there like a stone and didn't say a word.

As the other boy got close enough, he shoved the Blond into the locker. Jisung slammed into the locker and fell backward onto the ground.

"Oops, are you gonna cry?" came another sarcastic remark. The other guy knelt down beside him on the ground and took his face in his hands. Then he dragged his nail just beside his eye, moving down until he heard a painful hiss from Jisung.

"Good boy," he patted his cheek and disappeared.
"Damn it," he sighed and got up. His legs were still shaking slightly from shock and fear. Once he stood steadily, he quickly walked to the classroom so he wouldn't be too late.

A/n: heeey! Do you like this book? ^^