a.ds x s.g

thank you @Slythering_raven for this prompt it was honestly so cute!!💗
__________________________________

shubman had been sulking the entire time leading upto the second t20i. he was walking around as if his face was permanently etched with a pout and honestly arshdeep was quite done with seeing shubman in such a mood. so he did the only logical thing he could think of and went inside their shared room after the end of the practice session to confront shubman as to why he was sulking right from breakfast till they went to bed.

he found shubman on his bed, watching some videos looking quite sad and arshdeep just wanted to remove that pout of his friend's face.

"what happened yaar why are you acting and looking so pensive since the past few days?? everything ok??"

shubman startled at the voice but managed to choke out a "i'm fine man" before turning around and trying to hide his face from the other male.

arshdeep went around and at on his bed by shubman's side and was trying of ways to push his question as he knew of shubman's ways to be avoidant about his discomfort.

"come one shubi! we've known each other since a long time you really think this response is going to work on me ? tell me what's wrong, atleast i can try and help you!"

"arey it's nothing that big it's just a stupid whim of mine"

"i'll help you with every single whim and thought that you have shubi, no matter how stupid they might seem to you!"

realising there was no other way to go around the man sitting next to him who seemed quite persistent in knowing what was wrong, shubman answered,
"i miss my family arsh! i'm going to miss spending lohri with them!i want to go meet themmm", the younger whined loudly.

arshdeep chuckled at shubman's cuteness,
"you miss spending lohri with you family?? that's it?? that's the issue??"

"yes. and that's not all actually i asked dravid sir if i could  just stay back in mohali because i was as it is not going to play in the remaining matches but he said noo!! so now i'm not even going to play nor am i going to be able to celebrate lohri arshhh!!!!" shubman was not sulking with his arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed and a pout on his lips.

"shubi...you know you could've told this matter to anybody in the team and everyone would have scrambled to do a lohri celebration after the match right??"

"i don't want to burden ppl with such a stupid request!"

"it's not stupid shubi! nothing is when it comes to you and it's time you start telling ppl about your feelings instead of just going on and on caring about how others would feel!"

saying so, arshdeep turned around completely, putting his hands on shubman's shoulders and looked into his eyes, "you, me and virat bhai,we will celebrate lohri after the match tomorrow and the others will join too! even i don't want to  miss lohri and nothing better than celebrating with the team right?"

"you would do that for me?" shubman looked at arshdeep with wide eyes still in shock that someone wanted to accommodate his wish.

"ofc shubi ofc i would! remember that time i ate the paneer paratha made by you ?? even though i was at a high risk of food poisoning?? i would do anything for you shubi"

"heyyy!! you said you liked it and you ate it with a smile !"

"potato-potahto shubi! come one now let's get a good night's sleep. we have a long day tomorrow!"

" thank you arsh! i will make sure to feed you a paratha next time you visit home. i have improved my skills you see!" shubman said with a proud smile adorning his face.

arshdeep cooed at him but internally he was dreading what all he was going to go through to see shubi smile like that.
" i just hope the dough would be fully cooked this time shub"

he got a pillow thrown on his face which only started a pillow fight between the two youngsters, resulting in a very tired arshdeep the day of the match.

but seeing shubman giggle the entire time during their lohri setup made his tiredness go by as fast as lightning and he was proud of making sure shubman was happy.

accomplishing this small request of shubman was not a big deal either as the entire team had noticed their shubi's mood throughout the few days and were ready to do whatever it took to make him smile and laugh widely again.

__________________________________

i have not proof read this but whatever 😭

arshdeep and shubman have been so cute since their u-19 days and their bond is so underrated !

💗💗💗