i see things, no body else sees.

two part of: The Way I Love You.

"You are a diamond."

Shining in the rust.

The glitter that will give them gold.

Their fortune.

Those words don't make her smile like they used to.

When did that all change?

Everything she now thinks has become so depressing. What happened to the girl who would have begged for this kind of attention, who enjoyed the lights and love, who would dream of this reality?

Where's the happy girl, who danced, and laughed? Laughed so hard that it hurt. The girl who didn't understand pain.

Why did she disappear?

"Look into the camera."

She placed her hand on her hip, looking ahead, it was cute at first.

When she was just taking photos for picture day or her mother's Facebook page for her followers' enjoyment but then it became beauty pageants with judges and coaches screaming at her to be perfect.

"Smile, Ryan."

Ryan barely stopped herself from rolling her eyes, as she forced a smile upon her face. The blinding light flashed in her eyes, and she gritted her teeth, as she blinked away the sensation that burned them.

Her mother gave an unamused look, Ryan didn't even look her direction, already knowing the face she was making, as she growled out, "Like you mean it."

She swallowed and smiled again. This time it was more relaxed, showing fewer teeth. It wasn't perfect like her mother wanted, but she seemed to give up as she backed away, shaking her head.

"You ready?" The photographer asked, glancing between them, with furrowed brows.

No.

Ryan took a deep breath, nodding her head.

"yes."

Then the light flashed.

Two words she hates hearing:

Normal and Perfect.

What is a normal person? Does that ever exist? Everyone is different somehow.

She hates the concept of it.

She hates how some people believe that if a person is different they're not normal. Or if they dress differently? Or talk, act, or do anything, another person finds unusual, they're not normal.

They see them as an outsider.

They look at them like a disgusting creature, which is odd. Sure, she understands how some people are strange but just because they're different, they treat them like they're not human.

It bugs her more than the word perfect because there is no such thing as perfect.

It's just not real.