Chapter 7: The Invasion

Despite what just happened, I didn't have much time to be sad.

I swung back to the apartment and I just sat there, I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe Tony did that, all over a goddamn machine.

Everyone I knew, from my original crew to the other spider people, apart from Otto, showed up, to try to comfort me.

"You okay bud?" Jamie asked.

"I just can't believe it, I lost my entire family, I'm sorry but I don't think you guys would understand," I said.

"Justin, we're probably the only people who do understand. For me, it was my best friend." Leia said.

"For me, it was my uncle," Ben said.

"For me, it was my sister," Miguel said.

"For me, it was my other half and my parents," Niko said.

I just stayed quiet, I let the tears run down my face.

"Look I get it, you guys lost someone, but your killers weren't the ones who were a parental figure." I snapped. I've dealt with people threatening my family before, preferably my Dad when he was around, but this felt different, I didn't want to hurt Tony...

I wanted to kill him...

"That may be true, but trust me, this path you're going down, it's not going to end well, once you enter that hole you can never get out," Ben told me. I figured he saw the look in my eyes.

"Hold on, before we go in guns blazing, how about I do some recon at Avengers Tower, and see what Stark is up to," Niko suggested. I was too angry to say anything.

"Niko, that's a wonderful idea, you go do that. Miguel and Hobie, go find Otto, there's no way he's just disappeared. Me, Ben, and Leia will come up with a solid plan for what's going on, and Justin, you're our eyes and ears, you know Stark more than us, so just give us the intel you think we need." Jamie explained. He's becoming the good leader we need.

So that's what we did, Miguel and Hobie were looking for Otto, Niko snuck into Avengers Tower to see what Stark was truly planning and the rest of us were coming up with a plan.

"So here's what I'm thinking," Jamie started to explain. "Stark did what he did because he wanted to distract us."

"What? Why would he do that?" Ben asked.

"I've seen this with different villains before, they do one terrible thing to distract us while they prepare for another thing," Jamie said.

"So he killed Justin's mom to distract us from what he's planning, that rich asshole," Leia said.

"So what should we do?" Ben asked.

"The only one who's been in and out of that building is Justin, he knows how that building works, where everything is, and how the system works." Jamie started. "Justin, if you need to sit this out, that's fine, we can take down Stark ourselves."

"No, he needs to pay what he took from me," I said.

"She was caught up because of me, this is my mess and I need to fix this, if that means I'll die doing this then so be it," I said.

"Bud, we understand that, but focus, where are the key points of the building?" Ben asked.

"Okay yes, we know the machine is up here on top of the building, I noticed that even after I pulled the plug it turned on, so it seems like there's some failsafe or backup power to keep it running. That's priority number one, figure out where it's been powered from and pull the plug." I explained.

"Now wait, not a bad plan, but what about the walking TinCan Stark?" Ben asked.

"The best thing we can do is just distract him, I'll pull the plug," I said.

"Okay, and how would we distract him?" Leia asked.

"His arc reactor, it's a glowing blue light in the middle of his chest. Now knowing him, he most likely will wear his suit of armor, his reactor powers his suit, so destroy the reactor, shut down the suit." I explained.

"So get to the tower, fight and distract Stark while you find the power and shut it down," Jamie said.

"Now how would we get in the building, he most likely will have security protecting the place," Leia said.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeve, courtesy of Andy Mason, let me take care of the security," Ben said.

Now we have a plan, now we just have to wait for Niko to give us more information.

Andy stopped back at the apartment, she went out to get some more tech from Jersey. I explained everything that happened.

"Hey, I've been with you since we were kids, of course, I'm going to back you guys up, I'll be your eyes and ears." She said. At the end of the day. I can always rely on Andy.

We finally got ahold of Miguel and Hobie. Well, more like they got ahold of us. They explained that he was in his subway car lab and we had to get there fast, so that's what we did.

We got there as fast as we could and we saw Otto knocked out. He was still breathing but his computer was still on, I got curious and pressed play on a prerecorded video.

"Hello, my name is Otto Octavius but I'm in the body of Peter Parker, and if you're watching this then that means that I'm dead, at least the Octavius part of my brain. The reason I'm doing this is because of a bit of a wake-up call. To give you insight I am not from this universe, I am from another universe. The Spider-man of this universe pointed out that if I don't save someone then I don't deserve to be Spider-Man, and I believe he was right, I can't be a hero, no matter how much I tried. This is why I created this, it'll destroy my part of the consciousness and will keep Peter's consciousness as the superior host. Now there is one thing I must say, this message is for Leia Stacy. I can hear Peter, as a voice in my head, he wanted me to tell you that he is so proud of you and that he loves and misses you, the sun will shine on you again. And finally, Justin, I'm sorry I wasn't the hero you wanted, you are the superior Spider-Man out of all of us and I know you will do great things, goodbye and thank you, my friend." Otto explained as the video ended.

I looked over at Leia and she was looking at the unconscious Peter Parker of her world, tears soaking through the mask.

"There's nothing we can fully do, but we can carry him back to the apartment," Jamie said.

We carried him back to the apartment and that's when our earpieces started going crazy. It was Niko, and she had some news.

"Hey Niko, what do you get?" Jamie asked.

"Guys it's worse than what we thought." She said.

"What did you see?" Asked Ben.

"Stark was working on his computer and I saw something turn online, I thought it was the machine but I got a better look and he has millions and millions of robots ready for an invasion on New York." She continued.

"Oh shit, this is bad, those robots we fought before, the machine, he's not just invading the city, he's going to invade universes!" Leia exclaimed.

"Niko you have to get out of there now!" I said.

The second I said that Stark hacked the earpieces.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that your little plan won't work, I tried to be reasonable but now you just pissed me off," Stark said.

After he said that a giant rift opened up about New York again, skies turning back to red the only difference is that trillions of those Ultron bots flooded from the sky and started attacking the city! We got to the high ground and saw the horror of the invasion Stark started.

Looks like the world is ending now.