Chapter 8: The Tyrant

We were too late, the invasion had begun.

We did our best to evacuate the city. We even tried calling the other heroes but they were all busy. Avengers? In California. The Fantastic Four? Off-world. Even the X-men couldn't show up in time, they were in Madripoor for some mutant mayhem or something.

So it was up to us to save the world again. Our priority was to evacuate the city, help the wounded, and spread out to save people trapped within the city. It was a little impossible to do that with a million freaking robots invading Manhattan. One civilian was surrounded and luckily we stepped in and destroyed the robots.

"Spider-man, what is going on?" The citizen asked.

"I don't know but I'm going to fix this, I promise," I responded. How am I going to fix this?

I started talking through comms with the team to figure out the solution.

"Guys, we need to get to the tower, these robots just keep coming," Leia said.

"I agree, we need to stick to the plan," Jamie said.

"That's going to be a little bit tricky with all these robots!" Ben shouted. He was fighting a swarm of robots.

Took us a little bit but we got to a safe spot, we needed to stop Stark now.

"Okay, we're in the clear for a minute. We have to go to Avengers Tower now." Jamie said.

"No!" Said Miguel.

We all looked over and saw Miguel, Hobie, and Niko standing there, all dirty and scratched up.

"There are too many robots and we need to leave the city, I heard over the comm links that the president is planning on sending a nuke," Niko said.

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do," Hobie said sadly.

"No...This is our home, so let's fight for it." Ben said.

"We can fight as long as we can, but once the civilians escape, we'll have to destroy the bridges," Miguel said.

"What about the city?" Leia asked.

"There's nothing we can do unless we have some sort of way to send the robots through the portal," Miguel said. Then I had an idea... a really stupid idea...

I looked right at Avengers Tower and immediately thought of another idea. I shot my webs to slingshot myself right at the tower.

"Justin, what are you doing?" Hobie asked.

"I got some unfinished business I need to take care of, I'll meet you guys there!" I said as I launched myself. Hopefully Leia, Jamie, and Ben got the message.

I flew right on the side of the tower and ran right up towards the top. That's where the machine was, it was powering up to keep the rift open. I knew that if I could destroy the machine it'll stop sending in robots.

I landed right in front of the machine and with the help of my Gauntlet, I was destroying the machine, the energy from the gauntlet SHOULD make the machine unstable and practically implode into itself, if that means I go down with it then so be it.

I was not holding back, I was using my full strength, so much so that my gloves were tearing where my knuckles were.

I got a few good punches in and I had a feeling that one good punch would destroy the machine completely. All of a sudden something backhanded me right into a brick wall and all I heard was "Welcome to the REAL fight!"

It was Stark... he was wearing a suit that looked like those robots we were fighting, except bulkier, and had a purple and yellow glow.

"Stark..." I said in awe.